Is 7 months to old to still swaddle my baby?

I do not belive in the cio method, but I do put my baby in her crib for 5 mins. She crys. i take her out swaddle her and rock her to sleep. then she will take a good nap. is there an age to stop swaddling babies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow, anon 10:05...don't be a witch.

You can swaddle as long as you feel the need and as long as baby requires it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I swaddled mine until 6 months...after that he could (and did) very easily unwrap himself so there was no point. As long as your baby still likes to be swaddled I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Anonymous

• As long as it is working for you and your baby I see no reason why you should stop.

As for Annon: Meeting a child's needs and being there for them when they cry does not make you a whimp, nor does it raise "wild animals". I never left my kids to CIO. I was always there for them when they cried. They slept in bed with me and nursed as much as they liked. My oldest are now 8 & 9 and they are not spoiled or self centered. They are well behaved, never been in trouble at school, straight A students, do chores around the house without complaining (most of the time!) and are very empathetic and caring.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• My daughter likes her hands up around her head, but I still swaddle her. Just from the armpits down. She's 8 months old. I don't have plans to stop anytime soon. She seems to sleep better when her legs are swaddled.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I still swaddled my second DS until he was nearly 11 months old. I swear he had RLS of the arms!
    Anonymous

• I swaddled my son until he was about 5 months old and he started breaking out of his blanket. We had the Miracle Blanket and that thing is like a straight jacket so as soon as he started getting out of it, we stopped. I think it was harder for me than it was for him. Even at 5-6 months old he still looked so tiny in his crib. We had to buy a new miracle blanket after my daughter was born because my son tore a hole in his trying to break out. The directions say to only use it for 14 weeks, but I don't know if my daughter will be ready to not be swaddled by then. You do what you feel is best for your child. I think when she's comfortable and can sleep without the swaddling, she'll let you know. :)
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I say keep doing it as long as the baby likes it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Apr. 24, 2010