Just because my husband works and I am a SAHM...

does that mean i shouldnt expect him to do ANYTHING ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• HELL no. It takes two, whether he likes it or not. lol Being a SAHM is a LOT of work and he works hard too. Def have to find a way to compromise. :)
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 10:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• define ANYTHING. If it's like a house project or something that you don't know how to do or are incapable of doing it than I think he should help but as for the day to day household chores I don't think you should expect much out of him. Afterall, that is what you chose as your JOB. Does he expect you to go to his job and take over his responsibilities?
    Anonymous

• Depends on his hours, and the kind of work your Hubby does....
    I'm a SAHM and I do everything, but he's gone 4-6 weeks at a time and I have a set routine with cleaning, mowing the lawn, etc.. He doesn't have to worry about any of that when he gets home and he takes care of our vehicles and other things he's thought of while he's gone...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I am talking about the kids mainly -- he does absolutly nothing unless it is fun for him ..and even then he is the one "playing" and I am still taking care of them by myself.... he cant bath them, cant grab me a diaper, cant get a bottle, cant watch them while I go to the bathroom....

and as far as his work...and my work... I wash, and iron his work outfits, and make his lunches, get up early to make him breakfast before he goes...... so I think I am contributing(sp) to his work..he can atleast grab me a bib while he is in that room !
    Anonymous

• from the time he leaves to the time he comes home, I do my best to do all I can because I am a SAHM and that's my job...but once he comes home I give him a break for at least 30 min, then I ask him to help me with stuff around the house, because they are OUR KIDS....it is OUR HOME and this is OUR life....We should be contributing the rest of the time to our one common goal.
    Anonymous

• *OP still...

and I expect to do all of the house chores ...I like doing them ...... I do everything, inside and out......honestly all he is, is the one paying for the utilities....not to mention, I have to babysit other kids if I need money for something "extra"
    Anonymous

• I do agree he should help with the kids a bit (not just to help you out but to bond with them and learn to be their PARENT) and I do agree he shouldn't have a problem with giving you a break here and there - even if it to just go to the bathroom! You're still human lol. I'm sure even he gets a coffee break.
    Anonymous

• I'm anon :28 and in that case I agree with you 100% and I think it's a little ridiculous that he can't even grab a diaper for you.
    Anonymous

• Funny you should ask this question OP! I am currently not speaking to my fiance because I've had it with the way he treats me and doesn't help. I am a SAHM as well. My fiance either works 9-4 or 2-9, 5 days a week. BUT if he gets off at 4, he comes home, raids the refridgerator and pantry leaving all his dishes and wrappers laying all over the house, takes his clothes off and leaves them in a pile on the floor, and then will either play his video game, go outside and work on his truck, or hang out with his friends. This is also what he does if he doesn't have to go into work until 2. He has helped me with our son maybe a total of an hour the past 3 days. The house is spotless before he comes home, and is completely trashed when he does. BUT I'm the SAHM so apparently its my job to pick up after him and take care of our son, and do everything else. He gets off work at is free to do as he pleases, but I work 24/7 365.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• loving my kid i do expect...but my side of the deal NO!! he never calls me to do part of his job...how hard is to do stuff really? i mean unless you are pregnant and cant carry heavy stuff like (laundry and trash) when he gets home everything is clean and ready not a "list of chores" for him to do.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 10:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2010