would be upset if you were waiting to use a public restroom then found out one of the stalls was being used up by a breastfeeding mother?

NOt only is bfing in a bathroom DISGUSTING, but IM sure ppl would get upset about that too...

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Either someone gets ticked at her for feeding her baby, say in the food court of a mall, or someone gets ticked at her for taking up a stall in the bathroom. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. What are we nursing moms supposed to do? Become hermits until our babies are weaned?

Although I have, on ocasion used the handicap stalls to nurse when there were no other alternatives - too hot to stay in the truck, etc. When I do, I put a blanket on the floor to sit on (thus the handicap stall) otherwise it's just too awful to contemplate.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:36 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I wouldn't be upset. I have seen mothers do this at theme parks, malls, etc. Most of these places are starting to put in breast feeding rooms though.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 10:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I would find it sad that she felt she couldn't BF in public. But, that is the world we live in. I didn't BF in a bathroom because I think it is NASTY and my husband would have had words with someone had they said something about my BFing.
    Anonymous

• I think it's unsanitary to breastfeed in a public bathroom.. Receiving blankets work great , or go out to your car if you can't find anywhere to breastfeed, IMO. Even at Walmart you can go in a dressing room.. I did that with all 3 of mine. My Aunt worked at our local store and would let me go in the handicapped one as long as they weren't busy, otherwise I just went in a small one.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• No, it wouldn't bother me. The fact that she is in such a place does.. Public bathrooms are not always the cleanest or smell the best. But hey, if mom is ok with it, I am too... Maybe she doesn't feel comfortable feeding in public yet.....
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• If it was the ONLY stall then yes probably because she could be doing it elsewhere but if it wasn't than no. I agree it's pretty gross to breastfeed in a public bathroom stall but that's her choice not mine and I wouldn't mind waiting an extra minute or two for another stall to open up.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't be upset, many would rather have the privacy. If she did it in public, those who are "against" BF would be mad it was public...and if she did it in the bathroom, those that BF would be mad they did it in there. IDK...you can't please everyone. If it was filthy, then I think she would try to find somewhere else to feed the baby, but who knows.
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 10:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I agree with anon. I wouldn't mind a bit but I would be saddened by the fact that she felt she had to sit in the same room as people taking shits, to feed her baby. But the people bitching about her taking up a stall, would be the same people bitching if she was feeding her child in public! You just can't f*ing win anymore.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Yes, I'd be upset that a bf'ing mother had to bf'd in a bathroom. For those who are not comfortable enough to do it in front of others there should be some kind of bf'ing, family friendly area for them to go. I barely like to pee in most public bathrooms, much less feed someone in there.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• So, either a mom has to let her child starve or she has to stay couped up in her house. A Breastfeeding mom is criticized for feeding in public and is told to do it in the bathroom, but then she breastfeeds  in the bathroom and is criticized for that. Some people will never be happy no matter what.

Anonymous