Democrats admit Healthcare Reform won't stop premium increases

Reporting from Washington — Public outrage over double-digit rate hikes for health insurance may have helped push President Obama's healthcare overhaul across the finish line, but the new law does not give regulators the power to block similar increases in the future.

The new law doesn't prevent rate hikes such as Anthem Blue Cross' double-digit increase last year. 'It is a very big loophole,' says Sen. Dianne Feinstein, who is pushing regulatory legislation.

Surprised? Surprise!

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/apr/13/nation/la-na-health-premiums13-2010apr13

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Another epic FAIL by the liberals. SEEms everything they have passed has been a failure based on lies. When will the libs wake up?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:08 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Anonymous

• They have to recoup their money somehow. I think this is the governments way of getting more people on government healthcare.
    Anonymous

• I'm tired of debating this particular issue. I'm at the point where I am ready for the SC to declare it unconstitutional, and to vote the slimeballs out in November. We have stated this little nugget about the cost rising more times than we can count! But, now that someone actually gave some numbers to the CBO that they can work with, it's a big surprise to you all that it is going to raise health care costs! As if WE were just making it up to be fractious or something.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• The people who are surprised won't answer this question. I am not surprised.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:57 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I don't know why anyone would be surprised....it's academic. As costs for medical care rise...so will the cost of insurance. Sometimes one cost rises faster or more than the other...but it doesn't take long for the behind one to catch up............
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 12:26 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• This was out before the darn thing passed. I think I might have seen one that says it would cause it to go up...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:41 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

***

THIS ^^

:o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:20 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• All I have to say is DUH!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2010