would you do this

I hate my first name Marjorie I would like to change it I'm not sure what I would change it to but It would definitly change. I would like to know what you guys think about this. Yes my mom named me after her mother,but only cause she couldn't think of any other names. I've told her I can't stand it and that its weird to say and I just plain hate it. I dont know how much this would cost to change but was hoping if you or anyone you know has done this could you tell me about it!? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont much like it either.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• I like the name. there is nothing wrong with it. its old fashioned yes but is there a reason you hate it?
    Anonymous

• its awkward to say and I just think its a butt ugly name I alwasy got made fun of to,was called margarine and butter as a kid.
    Anonymous

• I don't know much about it either but I think Marjorie is one of those good solid names, you really don't here anymore. But if you hate it then look into it. I know you have to go to court.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• What is your middle name could you use that? I like Marjory, I would go by Madje. LOL I think it is cool.
    I love the old fashion names-- Or go my Marj??? LIke on csi? Her real name is Marj not the character.. Sorry not much
    help here.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• well my middle name is michelle, but I was thinking of trying leah marjorie michelle to keep the name my mom gave me and people who know me can keep calling me that. you know what I mean? I might I could go leah margie and then my last name
    Anonymous

• My husband likes the name leah
    Anonymous

• I like this name alot,,Leah Marjorie Michelle,,you have to get it legally changed in court and you have to get an attorney to do it..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• My mom really doesnt like her first name, after my dad died she went through a really strange phase in life and during that time started going by her middle name. It is a little confusing when my siblings and I visit and our spouses use her first name around her new friends who call her by her middle name but it makes her happy so we dont really say anything about it. To the family though we will always use her first name.

She didnt change it legally she just stopped using it, as far as all her identification goes it has her legal name.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:50 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Have you ever looked up the meaning of your name? It means pearl. You are a pearl how precious is that!

The girl's name Marjorie \m(a)-rjo-rie,
    mar-jorie\ is pronounced MAR-jor-ee. It is of English origin. Variant of the French Margery, from Margaret (Greek) "pearl". Brought to England in the 12th century as Margery, and used steadily until a late 19th-century revival. Literary: The name was made famous by Herman Wouk's "Marjorie Morningstar".
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:51 AM on Apr. 24, 2010