too late?

ok for a few weeks I felt nauseous so I started taking over the counter motion sickness tablets everyday. Hadn't been eating that healthy cuz I just ate what I could keep down. Then I thought...hmmm, I might be prego. So I took two tests which were both positive. I have to be almost 6 weeks. But I decided I wanted an abortion so I just kept taking the tablets and eating popcicles and what-not. Now I'm kinda thinking I wanna keep it... should I be worried that I screwed the baby up with the motion sickness tablets and not taking my prenatal vitamins?

ps-I already have a 5 month old baby so that's why I decided on abortion. And I dont go around having unprotected sex, we used birth control AND the morning after pill.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• i know how you must feel! when my son was 4 months old i found out i was pregnant, and i had an abortion because theres just no way i could of done it.
    but if you think you can, great! i would ask your DR what they think about the pills and if theres a chance you could of hurt the baby but usually if its really early in the pregnancy, its okay. like i went out on a friday and got wasted until 4 in the morning, and found out i was pregnant on that next monday and my son is fine. but you should check and make sure.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:03 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I dont think motion sickness pills could hurt your baby,,,but it would be wise to go see a dr either way,,,good luck. P.S. start taking neonatal pills and change your diet mamma,,,,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• i would go see a dr and explain what happened, there might be a chance you harmed him but like PURPLE said she got wasted and her baby was fine. I found out i was pregnant at 8 weeks with my daughter and before i found out i was working out like crazy and going into hot tubs and she came out fine
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Motion sickness tablets and lack of prenatal vitamins will not harm a baby. I wouldn't even stress about it.
    popcornlover

Answer by popcornlover at 3:13 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Lack of pre-natal vitamins certainly can harm a fetus; neural tube defects are related to lack of sufficient folic acid in the fist 8 weeks of pregnancy among other issues. As for the motion sickness tablets, it depends on what the medication was. Diphenhydramine would be no problem, scopolamine would be a huge problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Apr. 24, 2010