Cant get a deep breath

I have fits where I can not for anything get a deep breath, even if I yawn I just cant get a full breath. It will generally last for a good part of the day, and will get worse as the day goes on. I have had this happen on and off for about a half a year. I guess I had it happen during both my pregnancies, but just thought it was cause of the pregnancies. Its making me crazy, all I want is to be able to get a full breath of air and I cant. Has anyone else had a similar problem, or maybe know what this could be?

-LovingMamma-

Asked by -LovingMamma- at 12:00 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Health

• Sounds like a respritory conditoin maybe? Get to your dr asap
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I have the excact same symptom, they tested me for astma and other respitory causes, and when they could not find anything, they said it seamed to be some kind of nervous condition....I only get that way very rarely - once a year at the most, and it can last anywhere from an hour to a couple of days.....................I actually feel it right now, as I write, .............so I'm pretty convinced it is a nervous tic - in my case at least.

But you should have your dr. check you out, to rule out any respitory problems.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 12:21 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Get checked for asthma and other respirtory issues. I have asthma and that is what the start of an attack is like for me. An albuterol inhaler keeps it at bay for me though. Its also hard once it starts, to calm down because you keep fighting for air, so when it happens try to sit down and relax and distract yourself so your breathing can get back to normal.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2010