Breastfeeding

How would you feel if your baby was crying and needed to be feed and you went to go to the bf room and the door was locked. Your car was miles away where would you go. I'm pretty shy about bf my baby and I'm usally more comforable in a bf room to feed him.( I don't really mind if the other moms see me BF my baby) But when I went to feed him the door was locked and my baby was crying like crazy and I would figure you can hear a baby crying through a door and unlock but I don't think she cared to have at least shared the room to I wouldn't have mined sharing but I don't know how would you ladies feel about this

momtoPMCandJNC

Asked by momtoPMCandJNC at 12:05 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i saw feed your baby where ever, dont be shy about it, there is nothing to be embarssed about. You can always get a cover and then feed you baby where ever and not be exposed. I used a cover and it worked great. Just remember its for your baby and who cares what others may think
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• ^say
    mommy_of_two388

• Would have found another place to feed my baby...maybe another store..Or just go to my car because I would not park miles away from my car if I was at the mall or any place else lol(if walking across the mall and then the parking lot is what your talking about I would say work out more lol)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Really? This is the most your could come up with. This is lame.. Tell another story. Go find a dressing room.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I would have nursed my baby. But I'm not shy. ;) Anymore anyway.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:13 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• there may be only one chair in the rm or they have their other kids in there too. I went in a BF room that I swear was the size of a bathrm stall(and not the handicap one, lol). Hugs. Now I feel fine breastfeeding anywhere. But if u r self conscience you should look into something like a hooter hider. they have a wire in them so they let u look at what u r doing and look at baby's face w/out anyone else being able to see. http://www.amazon.com/Hooter-Hider-Nursing-Cover-Soft/dp/B000UUAYYW
    the other mom could be really shy too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• some stores won't let you breastfeed in their dressing rms. u're taking the place of a paying customer. But hey I bet most would.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Yes I did start feeling like who the hells cares any more and just feed my baby anywhere but I was asking cause I swear I was pretty pissed off and and forgot to bring his blanket and what I meant by miles away it wasn't that far but on the other side of mall. I never wore clothes that showed off my chest before so I hope you ladies could have understood not feeling comfortable with not showing off my breast in public. But I have learned not to care even the cops comes to me and tells me I can't do it there. And all the dressing room where full.
    momtoPMCandJNC

Answer by momtoPMCandJNC at 12:24 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I would have fed my baby.

There is nothing that needs covering or privacy when it comes to breastfeeding. I understand that for your own comfort you prefer to nurse in private and that's totally okay. But don't make your baby starve for your modesty :( I'd definately have just sat down and nursed right there :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:36 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• What are you saying, that even breastfeeding mommies lock the door because they don't want to share the room and see others breastfeed? Say it isn't so!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Apr. 24, 2010