would you have gotten mad

Me, my husband my oldest son 2yrs and my youngest 10 months went to go eat out last night and while we were ordering our food this little boy can to see my baby and at first he was just staring at him and he walked away and came back a while later and was touching him on his face and head and I have to admit I was getting uncomfortable and then he started getting really ruff with him and started swing his arm. And then I was getting really uncomfortable and my husband told the little boy to stop and he wouldnt stop and the waitress was telling him to stop and he wouldnt listen so she brought him back to his family which they were behind us why would have let your little boy roam around bothering other people. Would this have made you uncomfortable or was I over reacting or would you have felt the same way and what would you have done?

momtoPMCandJNC

Asked by momtoPMCandJNC at 12:15 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no im pretty good with kids..i would have said "umm hi honey :) please dont do that he is little ok?" 2nd time " wheres mommmy honey?" then i would have gotten my child and put him/her in my arms.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:27 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• OMGosh...what the heck are people thinking? Who lets their kid up to roam around the restaurant and touch people? My hubby said he thinks that if it continued he would walk over and swing the dad's arm around....LOLOLOL
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 12:33 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I would have got mad to, not at the child but at the parents. Some parents let their kids run around in public places. What were the parents thinking letting their child run around like that.
    l_gchick

Answer by l_gchick at 12:39 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I would not have allowed a stranger to tough my baby.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:29 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• if the other child was rougher with the baby than the baby's older brother, then i would have very gently taken the other boys hand and removed it from the baby, and told the boy to be gentle. i have never come across a situation like that, normally i have the other children's moms telling their kids "don't touch the baby" or "don't touch the baby's face", then i usually say it's ok, unless the baby is agitated.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:16 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I would have told him not to touch the baby (I do it all the time, actually...lol...I don't like random people touching him). I wouldn't have a problem telling him to stop and to physically stop him if he didn't listen. My children's safety comes first. Of course, I'd be nice about it, but firm. I don't blame you for being annoyed - I would be thinking pretty poorly of the parents...
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 9:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2010