Dodge Ball was eliminated from schools because of fat kids?

LOL! I am watching Comedy Central and he said that dodge ball was eliminated from schools because it made the fat kids feel inferior. Man, I loved me some dodge ball in school. Did you have dodge ball in your schools? Man, those were the days... Wouldn't it be funny if we could have some virtual dodge ball here on Cafemom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Schools that have eliminated dodge ball did it because kids would hit kids they didn't like harder than kids they did like. It would be a good game to play if kids wouldn't be brats and act like that. My son's school plays 'tag' where 5 or 6 kids have balls and they run around and tag the other kids with them(like 50 kids) and then that kid would sit down and start moving their arms to tag the kids running around still. The kids loved it.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:57 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Yeah, as one of those kids no one liked, I despised dodge ball. I wasn't fat, but I was different. Because of autism, but I was undiagnosed until recently, so I was just weird, and it was okay to try to wallop or shame that out of me by doing whatever they wanted to me. So, nope, not sorry to see it gone.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 1:46 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• As a fat kid in school, dodge ball was one of the few sports games I did feel good about playing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Kids will be kids and dodge ball or not they will find a way to beat on or pick on other kids. Eliminating one thing wont stop the others but I can see why they did it to an extent.
    I still remember when I was in elementary school and I was ganged up on in the corner at recess by a bunch of boys because I stood up for the fat kids or weird kids. I was terrified at the time but i kicked out and got the ringleader right where the sun don't shine. Proudest moment of my childhood :D Even the teacher stood up for me lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Dodge ball has been taken out of school activities lists because too many children were using it to target those kids they hated. They'd throw the ball way harder than necessary and injuries were bound to happen. The school doesn't want the liability issue.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:40 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I hated dodgeball. The popular kids used it to wail on us unpopular kids. They would throw the ball as hard as possible, and it HURT. It could almost be borderline harassment now. I remember how bad that rubber ball stung when it hit me. Since nobody wants people to get hurt or whatever, I'm not surprised they got rid of it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:23 AM on Apr. 24, 2010