Is it normal for a 9 month old to not sleep all night? I mean he wakes up about every 2 hours!!

I give him baths and feed him before he goes to bed. He wakes up and I either have to make a new bottle or I have to give him his binkie any tips?

missylove916

Asked by missylove916 at 12:55 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How much and what are you feeding him before he goes to bed? and how long after he eats does he go to bed?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Well he has a 8 ounce bottle when I put him in his bed. But he wakes up every 2-3 hours all through the night. And everytime he wakes up he wants a bottle or binkie. Ugh
    missylove916

Answer by missylove916 at 1:16 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• YES. My daughter was the same way. She would be searching for her biki because it would fall out of her mouth when she was sleeping. it was aweful. Sorry for what you are going through i know exactaly how you feel. ~hugs~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Totally normal... I'd cut back the amount in the bottles though, he may be getting a tummy ache and that's just too much to feed that often.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:46 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Very normal.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:23 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• my youngest didnt start sleeping all the way through the night til after she turned 2!!!!! it was a living nightmare, she was on a newborn schedual! it worked it self out later rather than sooner.....lol

Anonymous

• My daughter didn't sleep through the night pretty much until she was eating baby foods regularly, but she was nursing.
    lady_kira

Answer by lady_kira at 3:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• My 10 month old nurses 4-6 times during the night. That is why I keep her in bed with me, so I don't have to get up! Is it normal? Yep. Lots of kids don't sleep through the night until they are over a year old. Really everyone wakes during the night, or goes into a really light stage of sleep, but it is a matter of going back to sleep. You LO is used to sucking to get back to sleep.
    You can try not giving a binky or bottle and just patting him. He will probably cry and get mad, but you can stay with him and talk to him and pat him. It will be a long hard few nights but then he will learn to get back to sleep w/o sucking on something. Then he will probably be able to go back to sleep on his own when he wakes during the night.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• My dd was the same way. she didn't start sleeping through the night until she was 16 months old. I literally would nurse her 10 times a night up until then. Now its every so often she'll wake and she's 21 months now. Sometimes its a phase other times its teething issues or something else bothering them maybe their ears or something. How long has this been going on?
    Anonymous

• Hi Holyspirit here, Have you talked with the Dr. about it? The baby could be colliky. You might ask the Dr. about the formula he is on
    holyspirit482

Answer by holyspirit482 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2010