I wouldn't, would you?

So I'm having a debate on a different website right now. A girl and her friend each took their babies into a sex shop and were baffled when the woman working there told them that children were not allowed. They don't understand why they're not able to bring their children in there when the babies are "too young to know what the stuff is anyway".

Personally, I feel that there is no place for children in the sex industry, in any shape or form. If they really feel the need for those items and cannot find a babysitter, they have the ability to order them online where they'll be delivered discretely.

Do you think babies/children should be allowed into sex stores? Would you want your child around a bunch of lube bottles and dildos? Does it actually make a difference in a child's age?

I felt like I was talking to a brick wall in this discussion, so I'm looking for more feedback.

MommaRawks

Asked by MommaRawks at 1:00 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it's a very ignorant question to even have to approach. Only an ignorant person would do something like that anyway. Was this at the local trailer court or something?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Wow they really took them in there?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I'm not actually sure where it was. The main argument for everyone who said it was acceptable was that "sex is natural". Well, obviously, but that doesn't mean I want my infant or child knowing about these things and only when I find them of an appropriate age would I even discuss it with them, and only on an information level. They also said "they're too young to know what it was", so I asked if they'd feel the same way about bringing a child to a strip club, but they said absolutely not.

Eventually they were left without a response and instead accused me of belittling them, being prude, and overly dramatic. Rather than maturely responding and elaborating on their arguments when I countered them, they threw new arguments at me.

I'm very worked up now, haha.
    MommaRawks

Answer by MommaRawks at 1:06 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Dh and I tried taking our 2 mo old in... We had no stuff and were with some friends... Two mos old, taking a nap.... So we took turns with our friends watching the baby! Gotta keep your marriage alive right? I do understand why not but.... 2 mos old!!?! Whatever! Now, our child is way older and no way would I bring her anywhere near that shop!!! But seriously, 2 mos?!!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I don't think it matters if the babies are under 2.

Funny but true store. Hubby and I do NOT watch porn and don't actually have any sex toys but we were so peeved at these protestors outside one so we parked the car and left our sons (ages 12-17) in the car while we ran in to "browse". We didn't buy anything and it really pissed those prtestors off. We got a good laugh and so did our sons.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• story...not store
    Anonymous

• Sounds pretty sick to me. You'd think by the time the woman was a mother she would have GROWN UP!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Its usually a LAW....no one under the age of 18 (or 21) allowed in the store. Doesn't matter if they are infants just a few months old with no real awareness of what's in the shop or not. The store keeper was in the right by asking them to leave because she could get heavily fined if they were caught in her shop with the children.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:34 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• To add to mine original answer....I don't care if your personal philosophy is that sex is natural or that they are too young to be aware....Just don't break your local/state/federal laws and don't get all huffy about it. It would be a safe bet to say the shop had a sign on the door stating that no one under the age of 18 (or 21) was to enter the shop and yet they chose to ignore the sign and still enter the store.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:37 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• sex is natural yes. But kids have no reason to be involved in the sex industry. Sorry ours have a no one under 18 policy. Its the law. You want tto shop with your kids go online.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:51 AM on Apr. 24, 2010