Who watches this?

With the explosion of reality tv in the last decade or so are there any ones that you watch briefly and think to yourself "Who watches this garbage?" Someone must because the keep making more and more season of them. I can't stand American Idol but there are tons of fans for that show....Same with Survivor. Are we really that desperate for something to watch??

Are there other tv shows that aren't reality based that you feel that way about? For me it's Trailer Park Boys....I lose braincells just thinking about that crappy excuse for entertainment.

Allergic2Stupid

Asked by Allergic2Stupid at 1:18 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Entertainment

• I love American Idon but i stopped watching survivor after the first season, I can't believe they are still on. Reality tv is apart of life these days. If you dont like it then dont watch it, I say. Lots of good shows out there that arent reality.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I watch American Idol and survivor. I like the challenges they do in survivor. Its kinda interesting to see people "fight" for money. And I like watching American Idol because I love music and I love to watch people sing. Its just really interesting to me.
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 2:31 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I like Project Runway and Top Chef. That's as much reality TV as I care for.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 4:51 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I avoid reality tv as much as possible, I don't watch much tv at all to be honest. When I do it's to escape reality...not get sucked into somebody elses life. Mostly what we watch these days is cartoon network/boomerang, the closest thing we get to reality shows is the weather channel. And that's only on days when we've got wicked nasty storms moving through, we get tornadoes here, so we keep a close eye on storms.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 5:07 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Any reality TV makes me wonder.....
    I pretty much stick to the History Channel, Food Network, Discovery and when I catch it, I watch House.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 5:26 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• There are a lot of stupid reality shows, but the ones that pop into my mind first as being a complete waste are Operation Repo (which I understand is just reenactments anyway--so much for "reality"), and any of the ones that follow brainless socialites or bimbos, such as Kendra, Keeping up with the Kardashians, anything with Paris Hilton or Tinsley whatever-her-last-name-is, The Girls Next Door, etc.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:45 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I wonder this every other day. I have stopped watching a lot of television for this reason. I miss the days when there was actually something on to watch.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I like reality TV, but I believe it is anything but real!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Lol thanks to the gals who actually answered the question. Wildflower you hit it right on the head. I have terrible insomnia so the tv is company when everyone else is sleeping...and Cafe mom helps too :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2010