Why Are You Anonymous?

I'm new to CafeMom, but I use various other networking sites. I'm used to everyone using their own names (or at least their screen names). Most of the questions I've viewed so far are mainly answered by anonymous. Why do you choose that? Just wondering.

MommaRawks

Asked by MommaRawks at 1:19 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in About CafeMom

• because there are some people on here who take things very personallyso if you say something that irratates someone, weather is be the person who origionally asked the question or not, its just a way to protect you identity. And there are some out there that always use it no matter what, and idk why.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Because it's an option. It's a choice. Oh, wait are we talking about anonymous, breastfeeding, cio, rear or forward facing, swaddling or non swaddling. Just kiddin.

It makes everything much better here on Cafemom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• simply becausethey dont want u to know about them or freinds see your q. idkive asked a few myself
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:47 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• and welcome by the way... need a freind? add me!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:48 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I have learned over time to protect myself in here. I have given heart felt answers with my real name and have been made fun of,,laughed at, told I was a rainbow of names,,,,lol,,,,I protect me and my identity,,,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I always post anon and reply anon, even though my picture, screen name, profile etc, everything is fake. You can never be careful enough about your identity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Sometimes i ask questions that i don't want others to know i asked.
    Sometimes i answer questions with my whole heart even if it may piss someone off and i also go anon on those too. I don't need some over worked up offended mom sending me hate mail.
    I like CM and i'd like to keep it that way.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:55 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Then again some of us are just shy *bats eyelashes* lol
    Honestly I feel like I can better speak my mind when I don't have to worry about someone taking a dislike to me for my opinion be it good or bad. Some people want to protect their identities, some don't want hate mail, and some are just insecure. I'm a little of all. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Okay. Totally makes sense, and I actually like the idea. I just tend to see more answers under Anonymous than actual profile names.

Thanks for the answers!
    MommaRawks

Answer by MommaRawks at 5:17 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• (because otherwise the clowns in my head can find me) EEKKK here they come!!! lolol sorry, lack of sleep makes me silly!

I agree with other posters, sometimes it helps cut down on mom's sending stuff to your inbox to chew you out about stuff. I'm a Pagan Witch with a DH that is 21 yrs younger then I am. Oh yeah...I get sent stuff. lol

Of course some stuff is just so personal that the only way things can be said is to do it anon. Although I do find it interesting that most of the very explicit sex topics are ALL anon. lol I know a few moms that if it has to do with sex, they never reveal themselves. I mean we've all had sex, right? We wouldn't qualify for being here if we hadn't. lol ok...I need sleep!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 5:22 AM on Apr. 24, 2010