exercise plans? dvds?

I am 21 with an 8 month old little boy, i love my son to death but boy did he do a number on my body, i am about 5'2 and i currently weight 160, i was up to 188 when i had him, and was 155 before i got pregnant, i used to weight like 110 but that was when i was going through a sever stage of depression plus i looked gross that skinny lol. I am short and carrying around this extra weight is not good, i was hoping someone might no of an exercise routine/dvd/diet that they used and saw results with, i googled it but you get so many answers you dont no which ones to trust and or try...please help

1mama2B

Asked by 1mama2B at 1:33 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I've heard really good things about Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. I haven't tried it yet, but I bought it today and intend to start it tomorrow when I get up. One mommy on here has a pic journal of her results so far with the Shred and it's impressive.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:52 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Turbo Jam! It is amazing and I recommend it to everyone. It is kickboxing mixed with fun dance moves and music. It is so much fun and it burns a ton of calories. It's my all time favorite and I have done a lot of workout programs. Just let me know if you want to know more about it :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 8:24 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• A couple of tips- you cannot just work out. You have to eat right. This includes knowing your basal metabolic rate, and daily caloric needs. If you wish to drop 1 lb per week, you cut the caloric needs by 500 a day. You need to track your calories, cut sugars, cokes, white breads and grains and drink a lot of water.
    In December I weighed 167 lbs at 5'1" and was a size 12. I began eating better, tracking my food and calories, and working out 6 days a week. I am now 135 lbs, size 6/8, and I've lost 5 inches in my hips and waist and 8 inches in my bust. Oh, and I'm 35 years old as of tomorrow as well.
    I run, lift weights, do yoga, and alternate the 30 day shred, her yoga meltdown and P90..we are getting ready to buy the Insanity workout as well.
    PM me if you want to know more.. we are leaving for FL, so I'll be offline most of the day in the car, but I'll check tomorrow.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:39 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• go to Active.com - they've got a free download program for 'bye bye baby' and they send you DAILY EMAILS! lol

eat healthy, drink water, get rid of junkfood soda, coffee *whine sob*, alcohol.

sparkpeople.com is also great.

I have lots of friends who've tried (and wussed out) of the Jillian Michaels 30day - its tough.

I do Jari Love's Ripped 2000 and slim and lean.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I'm a Beachbody Coach and there are a lot of workout DVD's that come with nutrition programs sold by Beachbody, just depends on what you like. There is aerobics, hip hop, kickboxing and so much more. I can help you find a program that works for you depending on what your likes and needs are.

www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs
    SHOP / FITNESS PROGRAMS ... you can pick a programand click on more detail to tell you more about it ..or you can message me with specifics and I'll help you find a program that works for you.

Many of the DVD's have more than one workout on them, so you get variery instead of doing the same routine over and over.
    I personally do Slim in 6 and Turbo Jam.

Good luck w/ whatever you choose.
    TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 12:54 AM on Apr. 25, 2010