Pregnancy induced carpal tunnel - in one arm only! Should I be concerned?

Some nights I'm kept awake by tingling and discomfort in my left arm. From what I've read, I'm pretty sure it's carpal tunnel syndrome from the pregnancy (almost 26 weeks now). However, it's ONLY in my left arm, not my right. Should I be concerned?

ccfunk

Asked by ccfunk at 2:04 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I say no,,only cause I expierenced this in my right hand,,,,had to wear a brace cause it hurt alot,,,,,it went away after pregnancy and never came back,,,dd is 17,,,but if you have concerns as always,,check with your dv
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• the nerves that run down your arm and into your wrist and hand exit the spine from your neck. often posture can take care of this situation...but your posture is compromised because of the weight of your belly. you can see a chiropractor and that will help a lot. you may get good sleeping tips, and working tips. you could search workplace ergonomics too. i believe a chiropractor is a good choice, b/c what is tingling in the arm now, will be low back pain, and leg troubles (sciatica) further into your pregnancy (for many moms) a chiropractor is good for pregnant mommies to keep the pelvis aligned, making the most room for your baby too!
    congratulations on your pregnancy!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2010