What to do about troubles with the V.A.-Military Moms

Just a note to military moms. Find an advocate in the DAV or other service organization when having problems with the VA. One does not have to be disabled or a combat vet to find free help from veterans service organizations.

Too, when all else fails contact your local congress-person. The VA always respond to congressional inquirys.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You can also talk to a military chaplain, they have a lot of pull.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:23 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• The American Legion will also help.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:51 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• On lower levels.....

Military Mom's should also make friends with the Commander's wife. She may be a wonderful person and she may be able to work miracles behind the scenes!

I had some wonderful mentors (Commander's wives) through the years. I thought of each of them and what they gave to me and others when my husband assumed the position he has now. It is with a lot of joy and pleasure that I follow in their footsteps.

We may not be able to move all the mountains, but we can turn many of them into molehills! I know, not all Commander wives are this way, but don't dismiss us just because we "sleep" with the boss!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• And sometimes in cases like my husband's and several of his platoon-mates, none of the above listed options work at all.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 5:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• When my husband was deployed, most of the wives adopted the families of the single guys. Because we got almost constant updates & info and they did not, it really helped them. (This is before any issues with the VA would have came up, and it's not fun to fight them!) When homecoming time came, we helped them with dates/hotels/air travel/directions, hung signs, had meals and all that. It was really nice & I was glad to help out the parents.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 24, 2010