Should I settle for the cheaper one when buying stuff for my baby?

We don't have a lot of money lately.. and we just found out our plan for buying baby things has just been squished. Should I settle for the cheaper things, or go ahead and get the items I had picked out in the beginning? I'm asking because one leaves me disapointed, and one leaves us with less money lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• Its just a bouncer.. and I had picked a 40 dollar one, but found one on sale for 25. That's all really, and thanks first anonymous. but I don't use credit cards, therefore.. no credit card debt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• This is the beginning of a very long journey into parenthood. You are asking a question that has put our economy into such a recession,,not you personnally, but Americans living over their means. I dont know what you are looking for here. Are you looking for furniture for baby? Clothes for baby,,,,Im guessing all of the above. You can find things all over the internet,, and I know ladies here can help you. I bet there is even a group in cm that can help you out. The days of going into credit card debt are over,,,,,who needs it anyway,,you buy the new stuff and you are stuck paying it off for years to come,,,,there is e-bay for one,,,,that I know of,,,ladies?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I went through that. We had to pay the bills so I sucked it up and went with the cheaper stuff. For most things, it really doesn't matter and the baby can't tell the difference. I was a little disappointed to not get what I hoped for, but it was worth the peace of mind in knowing that the bills were paid and we had food to eat.
    Anonymous

• There are always cheaper alternatives. What are you planning to buy that would cost too much for your budget?
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 2:25 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• things for the baby like clothes, strollers, toys etc...are quickly outgrown. Then you'll find them utterly useless. I regret wasting money on all those expensive stuffs! The only expensive stuffs that I don't regret getting and that I found very useful are the ff: Avent baby bottles, Medela breast pumps...that's it. EVerything else was just a waste of money.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 2:31 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• as long as whatevers cheaper isnt gonna affect your childs safety, then all should be good..babies dont know the differance. and expensive stuff, or name brands, dont always mean better..youre just paying fo the name...however on stuff like car seats...i wouldnt go cheap...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:48 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I just bought my baby a bouncer from walmart for about 20 or 25 i can't really remember. It works just fine has vibartion and toys. and honestly she doesnt use it that often anymore shes four months now. clothes you can go with cheap ones to because they will out grow it within a month maybe two. I wouldn't suggest buying to many newborn clothes. my baby only worn nb for about two weeks. lol the only things i dont go cheap on are diapers (i use huggies all the way no way to change my mind) bottles (i use the soothie which is the same as the hospital pacifier) and bathing products
    ISLUVZOLIVIA

Answer by ISLUVZOLIVIA at 5:05 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• We always went with high quality second hand baby items.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:12 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Hoestly I could afford a new bouncer but why pay more for something used for such a short amount of time. I got my daughters for $8 at a consignment sale...and I get most of her clothes at yard sales, consignment sales and thrift stores.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:30 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• i refuse to pay big money for stuff that i will only use for a couple months anymore. if you really need to see the high end name on things go check out some yard sales. i spent $100 on a bouncer and he used it just as long and had as much fun as his cousin did in his $8 from a yeard sale one.
    ibebreezy

Answer by ibebreezy at 9:01 AM on Apr. 24, 2010