cna question

I am just curious as to how much cna's make an hour or yeear? Ive heard from some people that the pay is pretty decent

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• http://www.salary.com/

Many CNAs make minimum wage.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:08 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• It really depends on your area, your experience, and the company. In my area, you can make anywhere from $7.50 (for home health care) to $14-$15 working at a hospital. On average though, it would probably be about $10 working at a nursing home.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:43 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• It depends...are you a certified nursing assistant or a state tested nursing assistant? I am an STNA. I am not currently doing it but I am maintaining my license so I can go back to it when I'm ready to go back to work in a couple years.
    Before I was state tested, I worked as a CNA...one job at a nursing home I was paid only minimum wage.Then I had worked at an assited living and I made $9.50 per hour.
    As a state tested nursing assistant, I have worked through agency makinng $13.00 an hour,at a hospital making $13.50 and at an alzheimer facility making $10.50
    It varies from state to state. It also varies with your experience.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:27 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• 13-15 in AZ. Even as a new CNA in 2000 I never made minimum wage!
    Anonymous

• My family is trying to push me into doing it here in Indiana. They make about 11$per hr. I have been through the program and almost completed 75 hours of UNPAID~ OJT. It was AWFUL! All I did was run from incontinent person to person cleaning them and changing their pants!!!
    My dh and I are having money problems,my baby is almost in Kindergarten and I am going for something other than a CNA.
    Anonymous