Are Braxton hick or some contraction towards the end suppose to shoot that pain down towards your vjayjay?

They're getting more intense, and shoot the pain literally "down there" basically feelings like I'm being kicked inside my vagina, ovaries, uterus etc. I understand contractions get painful...but I was told they're more like cramps, not like streaks of shooting sharp pain in my vagina I didn't plan on going to the hospital till my water broke or my contraction are 2-5 min apart since thats what my doctor said......also not to be gross, but towards the end is it normal for my vagina to look kind of bulgy, it does like everything is spreading out down there, I'm thinking perhaps because of the pressure here since baby has dropped but its my first and I'm scared. you can visibaly tell too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It probably won't be long! Congrats! I had pain down there too all through my pregnancies. My doc said it was just my muscles getting ready to be streached.
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:08 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I feel you honey!! I'm 38 weeks, and feeling that EXACT same pain..and boy does it hurt. My doctor told me it had alot to do with a nerve in your body (not sure how to spell it but i'll try..lol) a scalatic nerve?? That both this son, and my other son are laying on in the womb that runs down through your back into your legs and things b/c I felt the same pain with him too, and that is what she told me. I remember then, and now it would hurt SO BAD to try and roll over at night, and try to spread my legs, b/c the pain would just SHOOT up my va jay jay..but I hope it gets better for you..Lord knows it hurts, but it is normal:)
    JackieO69

Answer by JackieO69 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I had the same type of pain shortly before both my deliveries. A true contraction does usually feel like a cramp. The sharp shooting pain may be from baby putting pressure on nerves or just the inside of your perineal area since baby has dropped. Put your hands on your belly when you get the pain. If it gets hard or tense you are having a contraction! If the pain is constant it is probably pinched nerves, or stretching tendons, muscles, or joints. You could try shancing position to move the baby around a little to see if it eases the pain. try getting on your hands and knees so the baby hangs down and isn't pushing so much on your pelvis. maybe even dropping your upper body down and laying your head on folded arms on the ground to encourage baby to get up and out of your pelvis for a bit! Good luck, and it shouldn't be long before baby comes!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 10:45 AM on Apr. 24, 2010