Playing spin the bottle at 8?

My son & his 8yo twin cousins played spin the bottle w/ the cousins' cousin, a 12yo girl, Lisa. It was Lisa's idea, but you could only play if there were kids your exact age. All three kids kissed each other and apparently french kissed which my son described as "you have to put your tongue in the other person's mouth and lick the inside of their cheek." My son told me about this and I played it cool while telling him that he is too young for this kind of thing. Now I'm freaked out. Advice/comments?

sweetpotato418

Asked by sweetpotato418 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• 8 is absolutely too young for spin the bottle or kissing. Talk to your son and the other kids' parents.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 8:33 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• umm i would deffinetely be making phone calls. he did this with cousins! and cousins cousins! my dfs neice did this sorta thing and was the town whore at 9 and even slept with her half brother! I say where ever they were they need to be supervised more if he is even allowed to go there alone!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:35 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I would be calling that 12 year old girls parents and saying something to her myself when I see her
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:39 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• i dunno guys... I remember a few sleepovers where we all were excited to play spin the bottle and give each other makeup hickies. It was certainly normal for us.
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 8:53 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• That is WAY too young to be playing kissing games!!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:13 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• 8 years old is way too young for kissing games. Not so sure that it's appropriate at age 12 either, but what do I know!
    dotsicle

Answer by dotsicle at 9:27 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Absolutely too young! That 12 year old needs to be punished and would NOT be allowed around my child!!!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:27 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I believe the answer will probably have to be closer supervision on your part. You can tell the other parents, but it's likely they won't see a thing wrong with it. If they did, their kid wouldn't be doing it to begin with.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:33 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I remember playing spin the bottle when I was 12, 8 seems young though. The whole cousin thing creeps me out more then the spin the bottle thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• 8 is way too young. I agree. I would be calling that girl's parents and telling them what happened. I would also not allow my son to hang out with her anymore...or ANY 12 year old for that matter. There is a 4 year difference in maturity there and they are going to be exposed to things too old for them. Also, you need to explain that YOU DO NOT KISS YOUR COUSINS. That is not right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Apr. 24, 2010