I'm finally a stay at home mom, but why am I not happy about it?

For months I've been pressuring my fiance to get a job before we get married and have our baby this June. I am the only one working right now albeit 2 waitress jobs but it's paying the bills. He has a degree in TV production but I kept telling him to find anything that pays. Now he has found this lame sales job where he actually goes around door to door selling things. Thing is, he has to work long middle of the day hours so I can't work. He says he'll make a ton of money but I'm cautious about sales jobs. I believe we will be making less than what I made as a waitress.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Can't blame ya for being worried. You never know how much or how little income will be coming in and each month could end up being a guess, hope and wait game.
    Try to stay positive though. To live off a salesmans salary isn't unheard of, especially if he's really good at it. And who knows, maybe it will lead him to other better opportunities down the road!
    Wish you guys the best!!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:04 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• At first that's a definate. But hopefully by the time baby comes you'll be able to at least pay the bills. Is he strictly commission based?
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 9:21 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• It sounds as if you are not sure that he will be able to support you and a baby. Try to be supportive, even though you think his job is "lame." You can work for a bit longer, so get out there and earn some money to use as a safety net. Besides, since he will be working "long hours during the day", you can let him take care of the baby and keep a waitress job at night. I know, you WANT to be a stay at home mom, but if you are not secure in the fact that your fiance can give you the lifestyle you want, you will need to make some sacrifices yourself to ensure your financial security.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:24 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• That job does not sound stable. No wonder you can't enjoy being home.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:57 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• We all know that door-to-door jobs sucks. Most people will not open the door, and if he make no sales for that day, he will get no commission. If you have not seen the "BIG BUCKS" come in yet, it is time for you to have a talk with him. If you are due in June, you should be off of your feet right about now. I'm sorry to sound harsh, are you seeing the big bucks flow in yet?
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 24, 2010