Do you think if a man cheats on you you should take him back?

Even if he is really trying to make things work.

GabbyCayceesMom

Asked by GabbyCayceesMom at 10:18 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Well my usual theory is "Once a cheater, always a cheater". But if you truly think that you can trust him after what he did, then go for it. But if your going to freak out everytime he leaves the house, doesn't answer his phone, cancels plans, then I say it simply isn't worth it.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• If my husband cheated on me I would take him back. If he cheats on me the 2nd time then he can F-off.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• it depends if you still trust him some. my df cheated on me once, 3yrs ago. it was a one time thing and I left him for it for like a week. We were young, he was only 17 and he showed me how truely sorry he was. He has yet to do so again and I have full trust in him.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:25 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Cheating is the one thing I draw the line with, I cannot forgive so staying would not work out for me. The damage would be irreperable, the breaking of our vows would be a point of no return.

Answer by older at 10:26 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• No! Never..
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 10:35 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I would the first time. In a lifelong marriage, screwups are bound to happen, and while I may really hope cheating isn't one of them, it could be. To me there is a difference between someone screwing up once and being a habitual scum bag.

Make sure your conditions are very clear though. I would never let my DH think for a second that messing up again would get him the same grace and forgiveness from me.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 10:55 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Well, it would be difficult for him to want to be with me again after I chopped his thing off and put it down the garbage disposal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I have a rule, cheat once, you will do it again. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. It is up to you on what you should do. We can give you advice all day long, but it is up to you. To me "TRUST" is a big thing in a relationship, without it, you have NOTHING!
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• It depends on what you want and if he's remorseful for what he did. Some relationships are stronger after a man cheats. If you think he'd do it again I might not want to let him come back but if he is truly sorry for screwing up then I'd at least give him a chance to make it up to me for the rest of his life!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:37 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I personally believe people deserve second chances...but you will have to be strong enough to put this behind you....Cant bring it up in arguments and you must be able to trust in him fully... Like when we goes out , you cant start assuming things or call and text him all night... So first sit down and ask your self if you will be able to deal.... and i disagress with "once and cheater,always a cheater" no one is perfect and people can change
    Samantha2174

Answer by Samantha2174 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2010