Have you ever judged a book by its cover?

What kind of judgement did you make before seeing the person and why did you make that judgement?

Did you ever turn out to be WRONG?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Of course, that is human nature. Once I made a judgement about a girl who was in my husbands class; I thought she was a slut. Turns out she tried hitting on him; I was right.I made a judgement about a young white man with a bald head and a lot of tattoos hat and he beat up a kid: I was right. When there is a horrible driver in front of me swerving, it is almost always a woman. Stereotypes are there for a reason; because they had been proven correct at one time or another. Once I was wrong, when I met my husband I thought he would disregard me like all my other "suitors" and he didn't; he is a wonderful man.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• My dh had been seriously involved with a woman whose name was Amy Beth. Their relationship ended before we met (and we didn't become friends, let alone date right away when we met), but, she decided after we were married that she wanted my dh back, and that me and our kids "were what was standing in their way to happiness" and she stalked us for a couple of yrs. Well, for the longest time, I just really had bad feelings about the name Amy. Well, several yrs after that, I met this woman named Amy, didn't really want a lot to do with her (same name, same color hair, both Air Force, etc...). Well, our dd's became friends, so I sort of grudgingly got to know her. Well, she and I ended up becoming VERY good friends. After being friends for over a yr, I found out her middle name was also Beth - talk about coincidences!

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:55 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• cont

I know it sounds dumb, but I probably would have never become her friend if I had known that at the time - the name just brought back too many painful memories for me. I guess it wasn't so much judging a book by it's cover as judging a book by another book's cover, so to speak.

But, that was yrs and yrs ago - almost 10 yrs - and even though there's half a world between us, she and I are still good friends to this day. She knows the story, and as we joke - she "saved" the names Amy and Beth for me :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:57 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• i thought being friends with me ex was the greatest thing ever till he apparently kept shrugging things off as "it's just friendly thing to do" friendly things more likely turn out to be more then that. at first my ex tells me he doesnt text my sis much, i believed that till i found out that they text everyday.so i did judge it and thought it was a big no no till i thought it was just friendly convo. last night i found out she must of sent him a nice friendly pic of her, so she showed me the nice friendly pic of him to her....i judged that and thought it was a friendly thing till i thought of his lies he's been telling me about not texting her much and i think we all know where this pic thing is going.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• If a person looks threatening, I'd rather err on the safe side, otherwise.......I start everyone off as top shelf and let their actions and words tell me where they really belong as far as trust, competance and character.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 8:28 AM on Apr. 25, 2010