Wii games - what do your kids like?

We finally purchased a Wii and I have no clue what's available game wise - what is it you found your kids really like - my boys are 10 and 8 - anything we should stay away from as well???

momofthreekjs

Asked by momofthreekjs at 10:42 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• well my dd is only 3 but she likes cooking mama and petz games just go by ratings to see what would be best
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• My 10 year old's favorite is Super Mario Kart! But we haven't really found any "bad" games. We have a Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus and my kids even enjoy playing some of the stuff on there.

Answer by missanc at 10:46 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Dang... wish you would have posted before you bought...I would have told you to hold off and borrow one first. It was the biggest waste of money for us... the novelty wore off in less than a week. My kids rarely use our Wii... they much rather do the real activity out side... sitting in front of a tv "pretending" to play bores the heck out of them.... I hope you have better luck!!!!

I would NOT go out and purchase any thing too expensive. Try just borrowing friends stuff, if the kids like it, then go buy it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• My 10 year old son says he likes NBA 2010
    NFL 2010
    Nerf Blasters..this one is cool and you can buy the nerf gun to go over the controller
    Mario Kart with the wheel
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:43 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Re: Anon-My kids like the "real" play too and they do that all the time - we have nine acres for them to run and play on. This was just a purchase for the rare times they have to stay in - bad weather, etc. As far as the cost - I bought it from a friend who had two of them for just $80 so I think I got a good deal.
    momofthreekjs

Answer by momofthreekjs at 12:26 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Thanks for all the suggestions:)
    momofthreekjs

Answer by momofthreekjs at 12:27 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• A great suggestion is look at Game Stop - they sell playable USED games and if you have a game that you've purchased or were given as a gift and don' t like or play, you can turn it in for store credit. We purchase games for the Wii, DS, and PS2 there all the time.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• They might enjoy the new Super Mario Brothers too. Four people can play, and you can work together or race to get the most coins, etc. We have that, MarioKart, a Ghostbusters game, a Final Fantasy game, WiiFit, and a few others. DH and his friends like games a lot. We also have WiiKabukii, it's a version of Cranium for the Wii. It's kind of fun, but I don't know how they would enjoy it.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Mariokart is one that all kids love. Any of the Mario games are good really.

Wii Sports or Wii Sports resort is great for the whole family too. We all play it and have fun
    Anonymous