Mom Became Paralyzed After Giving Birth to Triplets, Dad then divorced her and Refuses to Let the Triplets See their Mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think about this case?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36694847/ns/health-more_health_news

I think he is an evil scumbag.

Yesterday, on the Facebook group for her, a friend said that she said "dumb" - Her mom said, "Who's Dumb, Dan?" - She then gave a long hard blink - her word for "yes"..............

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I heard that there were questions about her brain function in addition her being paralyzed. Depending on the age of the children, I think it would be really hard for them to deal with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I just read the article..that is a NIGHTMARE! First, I think she should have gotten more than $8million on that case...secondly those children should have a right to see thier mother. Even if she is paralyzed, it would be easier for them to see her as she is now then to keep them from her until they are older. Can you imagine being "stuck" in your own body and not have any control of your life and especially not seeing you babies or allowed to hear thier laughter? Her husband is a monster.
    I hope she is granted visitations.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:55 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• He's seeking child support from her??? Really?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• This is a horrible story. She received a huge settlement from medical malpractice, and I think he wants part of that $$$. This man is unscrupulous. Why won't he let the kids see their gps and mother? No $$ for him until he does the right, humane, decent thing- She's still the kids' mother and those are still their grandparents!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:10 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Someone from her family should step in and get those kids from him.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• The man is disgusting. He wants the money and that's it. I'll bet he wouldn't even use it for the kids. If anything, child support could be given to those kids in the form of a trust fund overseen by someone the grandparents (the mother's parents) choose. I don't think he should get his hands on any of that money. Have the kids ever seen their grandparents? Those children should at least be able to see their grandparents. If the mother had died in childbirth, would the father have let the grandparents see the kids? So why not at least grant visitation to the grandparents, at the very least, and then go from there.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• This is an incredibly sad story, I really think that small kids cannot conprehend her state and it scares them, my MIL was catatonic for a long time and my girls were very much afraid of her, they did not understand, and the same thing would happen if those kids were exposed to her. It is a really hard situation, but they should at least try to visit to see how it goes, but this guy is only after the money.

Answer by older at 12:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• That man is soooo full of BS, I'm surprised he doesn't reek of it! I can't imagine being in that situation, either mom or grandparent. WHY did he have to move clear across the country? Wouldn't it be easier on the children to see her as she is while they are small, instead of the shock when they are teens? The dad is scum, there is a special place in hell for people like him!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:44 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Kind of sounds like the Terry Schiavo case. Her husband was quite the scumbag too.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2010