So, having same sex encounters means that you are going to sexually abuse a child? WTH?

There is a trial going on in my area for a teacher who has been accused of sexually molesting 3 girls. From what I have been reading and watching so far from the trial, I don't think she did it, but that is not the point of this post. The point is the prosecution is trying to include the teacher's former sexual history, saying that it is linked. Here is a clip from the article.

"Before the father was called to the stand, Superior Court Judge Brian House said the prosecution could include Ms. Craft’s previous sexual history.
Mr. King argued that the incidents should be excluded because the sexual encounter was with an adult and not children, citing no research linked same-sex encounters with sexual abuse.
But the prosecution argued that there was a link between the two actions.
Continued with link...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• When the father got on the stand, Catoosa County Assistant District Attorney Chris Arnt first asked him about an incident involving Ms. Craft. The father testified that he became aware that Ms. Craft had been drugged one night at a bar and woke up in a female friend’s bed the next day.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/apr/24/parents-child-testify-craft-molestation-trial/

What are your thoughts on this? I seriously can not believe that they are wanting to include her sexually history especially since it has nothing to do with the trial!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• OMG that is all I have to say. The fact that she was DRUGGED and woke up in a females bed ment that she was abused. That might be included simply because 50%-75% of abusers were in facted abused themselves, but if she was gay that would have NOTHING to do with it.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Well, not exactly. But, I still feel that if there are two people of the same sex in a relationship, the children should not have to be brought into that environment. If I were divorced with children and their father were gay.. you can bet your sweet patooti, I would fight like hell to get my kids away from him. That's not something I want my kids to learn, nor be around. Keep your immorality to yourself. Sorry, Old Fashion that way, but that is my belief. It's not right!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Wow, that's totally absurd. I hope the jury isn't a bunch of gay-bashing hicks or this woman is hung.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I also find it funny how the father of one of the victims "became aware" of the incident. Would that not be hear say?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Being gay has everything to do with the fact that she preyed on girls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• That testimony should not be admissible if they had a good attorney, her past has nothing to do with the present and actual time the incident ocurred.

Answer by older at 11:15 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Anon 11:15, seriously? How? And from what it looks like it was a one time thing. She is married and has 2 kids now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Older, past DOES have something to do with the present, but this is totally overreaching and bogus. If she had a criminal history, or if she had been indicted for child abuse or something, then yeah, maybe allow that evidence, but this is just stupid.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• anon, Being gay has everything to do with the fact that she preyed on girls

Read the article the woman is not gay, even to the extent that she got a taste of being with a woman and choose a man to grow old with.

Answer by older at 11:19 AM on Apr. 24, 2010