Farting is NOT funny!

So my kid sister decided about 6 months ago to teach my 3yr old son to put his hand over his mouth and make farting sounds then say "ew who did that" and he just thinks is so funny. Well i dont find it funny at all!! I am always telling him that big boys do not make those sounds because its yucky and other people might get upset. Yea he might stop for a few minutes but thats it. Iv tryed punishing him with time outs and even pop his mouth if he gets too out of hand with it but he still continues doing it and i cant stand it! he spits everywhere when he dose it! how else should i make him stop?

my sister is lucky she lives so far away or id smack her in the mouth everytime he did this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No, you are right, its not funny, its hilarious!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• lol pp... he's just a little kid, stuff like that is funny to them, lighten up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• ick.Get used to it. My son is 10 years old. I've always tried to teach him manners about the farting.I find it disgusting and embarressing, especially when he makes it sooo obvious when were in the public. But no matter how hard I try, he thinks that the noises his body makes are the most hilarious things in the world. This kid has aimed his rearend at me and shouted "FIRE IN THE HOLE!" and farts in my direction. LOL. Hard not to laugh..I don't want to encourage it but you can't help from laughing. He cranks his leg up at the dinner table,passes gas and says"ahhhh, that felt good". I make him leave the room for that but he goes away laughing his little butt off.He'll do it in the car and we have to roll all the windows down from fear of dying of gas exposure.He walks next to me in the grocery store, lets off a silent bomb and walks in front of me and says "EWW, mom, did you fart?" with tons of people around.Yeah,good luck! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:27 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Agreed, it's totally funny, and he's only a child. Is this the hill you want to die on? Let this one go. Pick your battles wisely.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• OMG, you're lucky that's ALL he is doing! My two boys are little fart factories, and have farting contests to see who can get their machine gun going the loudest, and the longest- Get used to it, that stuff is funny to little kids, and anyone who would be offended by it needs to get a life.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:30 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I hate to say it...it is funny. But then I'm also the one whose niece, at the age of 8 was very proud of her bodily control and would hold out her hand and say..."pull my finger"!! I think my BIL taught her, drove my sister crazy. But at least the girl isn't ashamed of her body.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• LOL it is quite funny! He's a boy, you better get used to a lot of sounds & a lot of grossness!! Our oldest son is 19 & my youngest son is 4... guess what the older one teaches the younger one?! Our 2 girls (25 &3) totally opposite! It's a boy thing! I agree with the previous poster... you just won't win this one! Just smile & keep on going!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Sorry, but it's very funny!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I don't find it funny either. I would tell him if he wants to do that, he needs to go to his room and do it there. Either that, or just ignore it - once he realizes he doesn't have an audience, it won't be quite so funny to him.

Answer by missanc at 12:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• All I can say is boys will be boys and kids will be kids. Funny thing is it's not JUST kids. My husband still laughs everytime he farts. lol But I atleast tell him to say excuse me when he does it infront of the kids. Your son is an innocent child and to him ALOT of things that we may find inappropriate is funny. Maybe you should just teach your son not to do it in public places?
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2010