Lane Bryant is getting a lot of heat over this........

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2010/04/23/sbt.boob.tv.cnn?hpt=C2

Do you think it is a tastefully done commercial or too much for tv?

Asked by older at 11:43 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I think it's ridiculous. That woman is gorgeous and the ad is tasteful.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Oh darn, I cannot watch videos on my computer. not a huge lane bryant shopper, tho myself.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:47 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• tx, if you watch the news you will probably see the commercial.

Answer by older at 11:50 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I think it's tasteful - the woman is no more scantily clad than comparable VS commercials. I do think it shouldn't be on during "earlier" hours, but neither should VS commercials IMO.
    btw - the woman in that Lane Bryant commercial is beautiful!

Answer by missanc at 11:54 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Absolutely RIDICULOUS!!! Those commercials are mild compared to the other trash, both commercials & shows, that it so prevalent on TV these days!!! I agree with the commentators... they're just wanting to censor the big girls!!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• i don't see a problem with it... platex have bra commercials, so does victoria secret. If its ok for them why not lane bryant?
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:56 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I say the only problem with that add is she is not a size two but there is nothing wrong with that add she is gorgeous!!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• What is the problem with this commercial? It is completely ridiculous that they are making such a big deal out of it.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• This is one of the few tasteful lingerie commercials out there. The model wasn't anorexic with implants! She is more womanly than any of the others out there. Totally believable that I could buy that product and look like the model! And THAT is the problem with it, she wasn't a size 0 or 2, she is what, a size 10 or 12? Frankly, I would like to see more models with a realistic body so that I can picture me NOW in the clothes instead of me 20 -25 yrs ago!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• My my, so much ado about nothing! I think it is very tasteful. The model is beautiful and she just happens to be the size of many American women. The threat is that WE will identify with HER and the product she sells, therefore givng up on products like VS and switching to ones we know we can look good in.

Maybe a bunch of us should get together and create a line of beautiful clothing for the REAL American woman. Marketed right..we would be rich!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2010