Not sure how I feel about this. Christians are too tolerant..

About 2 months ago, our pastor made a comment during the sermon. He said that "Christains have become too tolerant. As a Christian we should be telling everyone that they are sinning and lead them back to God." I really don't know how I feel about this. I mean, I have friends who are of a different religion than me, I have friends who are gay, etc. I would never in a million years think about going up and telling them that they are doing wrong. Now if they came up to me and asked me about God and Christian beliefs then I would share with them. But I honestly feel that Christians do need to be more tolerant, not less. I have not attended church since then. Anyways, my question is do you agree with what my pastor said? Am I wrong for feeling this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Girl. you are a true christian in my eyes, there isn't many of them out there. instead of being legalist God wants us to listen to him in our hearts thats a true christian. and you are listening to him in your heart. many would have listened to the pastor and started going and telling everyone they are wrong, and that gives christians a bad name, we are suppose to gentaly help people on the right path
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Not trying to be rude, BUT your pastor is correct, imo. Our whole society has become too tolerant. We Christians are obligated, if we believe, to do our best to LIVE the Word of God. We are to try to live by example. But, the other part is to hate the sin, but love the sinner....I would suggest that instead of being upset with your pastor, you go in and talk with him about this in more detail. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• oh and you need to go to church you should find a new church. where in the world do you live if you live near me i can refer you to mine it's awsome
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• No I don't agree with what he said. Or maybe simply the way he said it. I don't see why he "cares" so much what other people are doing. He doesn't have to agree with it. You know the old saying you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. And besides the bible teaches that if the person doesn't want to hear what you have to say dust yourself off and move on. Get in someone's face too much and it's likely they will strike out at you. I don't think you are wrong for feeling this way after all you are human. Glad to see someoone with a sense of empathy.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:57 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• anon 11:55 God does not want us chasing people down and saying" your a sinner your gay". Whenthe time comes there is gentler way to bring up that issue, but you should always look for that timing
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• 2autisticsmom, i agree. and getting in there face you can actually do more harm and lead them further from god
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• It's Christian's like your pastor who are making Christians in general look bad! If I were you, I would find a new church, I could never be a part of such a hate filled group. If we expect people outside our faith to respect and tolerate our beliefs and traditions we have to return that...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• "I would suggest that instead of being upset with your pastor, you go in and talk with him about this in more detail."

I have tried too, but he doesn't allow people to talk with him. His reasoning is that he is too busy in the week to prepare for the services. He has Asst. Pastors to talk with the people. I have talked with them and they basically have said that same thing as you, but something about it just doesn't sit right with me.

Anonymous

• What does'nt sit right is you heart sweety. God is calling your heart to love not hate
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• all of the christians I know are intolerant and everything is wrong but some of them are stilll sinning as well.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2010