Am I wrong to tell my hubby he doesn't need to buy a 2nd bike?

Hubby has some extra $$,he wants to buy a second bike so he can go riding.His other bike he puts in his car for carshows and it's his bmx.He is 28 and he acts like he is still 16 without a family! I feel like a B#%^# all the time NO! What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Well you are his wife and this gives you the right to be involved in decisions regarding finances. I guess my first question is how are your bills? Are your funds low (besides the fact that he has extra cash RIGHT NOW)? Once that extra cash is gone, will you guys struggle in anyway? If you have children, do they have the things that they need? Those things come first ALWAYS. We could be nearly broke after paying bills and my hubby will ask me if he can go buy a new xbox. I say HELL NO. Now if everything else is taken care of, and him getting this bike will not hurt you in any way then I don't see the problem with your hubby buying something so that he can enjoy doing what he loves. But it goes both ways.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Is there something else you need the money for? My husband is a huge car/bike guy and it's what he enjoys - tinkering with them and riding are the things that help him destress, so I generally don't have a problem with it. He's 41 and still enjoys it!

Answer by missanc at 11:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2010

• We have a policy: if DH gets something for himself, action figure, game system, katana, whatever, he has to make sure that the rest of the family gets something too- that way it isn't just a gift for him, but we all get a little something nice. Cuts down on the major splurges when you have to divide the money equally. That may not work for you, but it has for us. Beyond that, if your finances are okay, but you want to maybe save some money, tell him that you want to save it this time around, you feel the need for a reserve fund in case of an emergency.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2010