Do you think Jesus would even recognize today's Christian religions?

If Jesus was on earth today, do you think he would agree with the teachings of Christianity today? I truly believe that Christianity has really lost the majority of Chirtly teachings... It's not about love any more, it's all about who else is wrong. To me it seems like Christianity is more worried about showing everyone else what they are doing wrong than it is with actually teaching or reaching for a relationship with God or Jesus...

Now, please understand, I'm not speaking about individual Christians, but The "Church" in general. Jesus taught love and understanding, sure he taught his path, and sure he did his best to persuade people to follow him, but he never had this attitude of "if you don't do things this way and reject all others you are wrong." He understood that love was more important than hate... How did that get lost?

What do you think Jesus would think about today's Christian Religious Teachings??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• you explained my church to the T :) but apparently we aren't "christians" or even a "christian church" even though we do accept Jesus Christ to be our Savior and read and follow the Bible :)
    We don't condemn other churches, but rather work together to be charitable, and have love for others.
    Anonymous

• Anon 1:14, What church do you go to? I am looking for that kind of church.
    Anonymous

• I agree.... Jesus probably wouldn't recognize (most of) the organized religions of today as being the same Christianity that he taught.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:17 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
    Anonymous

• www.lds.org is the website if your interested and you can read about our teachings etc. GL!
    The most important thing when looking for a church is to study it's teachings and pray for yourself to gain your own testimony of it's truthfulness.
    Anonymous

• NO! They're all going against the LOVE and PEACE he wanted for them!

Like here in UT.... how many of these mormons here HATE anyone unlike them... how they JUDGE everyone not like them... How they FIGHT gay rights! How they fight the right for gays to adopt. Saying she'd be better of with no family than be raised by gays! What kind of love and peace is that.
    Anonymous

• You are kidding Anon, right?? LDS has more rules than most churches... How can you possibly thing that Jesus would see that as what he taught? Women can't minister? Special Underwear?? Really?? Come on... That is exactly what I am talking about!
    Anonymous

• I think Jesus would have the same reaction towards many Christians that he did the Pharisees

Anonymous

• No, I don't...

Why is EVERYONE anon on this question... It's not really a big hard to answer question... lol

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:27 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Christians believe in the Trinity, do unto others, there are several charities that help others ran by Christians

yea whats not to believe?

of course Jesus would agree with the way of Christians.
    Anonymous