"The secretary of state could then decide to keep a candidate off the Arizona ballot if he or she had reasonable cause to believe the candidate was ineligible.

THIS SICKENS ME! to no end.

They all say it's Obama that has a foul agenda... yet it seems so far off to me. Yet it's Obama that wants total control.

"The secretary of state could then decide to keep a candidate off the Arizona ballot if he or she had reasonable cause to believe the candidate was ineligible."

http://www.sltrib.com/nationworld/ci_14940245

So is AZ trying to make it so that come 2012 if they want to they can just not put Obama on the ballot for AZ. So that no matter how many people in AZ wanted to vote for him their Secretary of state had the ultimate power over whether or not they could even vote for him?

That to me seems FAR more unconstitutional that the healthcare bill, than any other thing they've suggested Obama is unconstitutional for.

Is this really what America is coming to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• This is already the duty of the Sec of state in general. And as Natesmom says All states have their own election laws. My God it just amazes me how ignorant people can be.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Sounds good to me,
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• From what I gathered reading about it ..it is about making ALL candidates provide documentation ALL ..not everyone thinks Obama is not a citizens but there has been uproar as you know...and so I guess they feel this is a way to shut that down .having ALL candidates provide the documentation.Which honestly they all should anyway right?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• which by the way would not make it unconstitutional ;)
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• That to me seems FAR more unconstitutional that the healthcare bill, than any other thing they've suggested Obama is unconstitutional for.

So you agree the health care bill is unconstitutional.....  

Anonymous

• Why would you want someone with questionable eligibility on the ballot to begin with? That makes no sense!

Lay out the guidelines for establishing eligibility, if they are followed/met the person gets on the ballot. It sounds very reasonable to me. IMO, this should have been done a long time ago because the Constitution establishes guidelines for federally elected officals, so the rules aren't new.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• "That to me seems FAR more unconstitutional that the healthcare bill, than any other thing they've suggested Obama is unconstitutional for."

Looked in my pocket Constitution. Can't seem to find how it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL, found where it is CONSTITUTIONAL though.  Article Two-Section One:  No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Anonymous

• I want to add something else here wheather you know it or not some raised all hell when GWB went into office and wanted some of his documentation shown..go ahead google back in time for yourself.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• whether*
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• This is nothing new, the secretary of state in about every state does this now.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2010