oh I'm so miserable.........

I have been throwing up since I was 6 wks along and now I'm 9 wks and 4 days. I'm so sick of throwing up. It's every single morning then I feel like crap for the rest of the day and night. I can't sleep worth anything my whole body aches when I sleep for some reason especially my shoulders and knees that started since I was 7 wks pregnant. This is totally different from my first pregnancy. I stay so sick the only thing that I can manage to keep down and feel some what decent after wards is when I have a chocolate frosty from Wendy's and a baked potato oh my gosh the baked potato and frosty taste so good but I can't seem to keep anything else down I don't understand it help any advice I have thrown up so much the past couple of days that I fainted after I got up and hit my head slightly what should I do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You should probably call your ob and ask about this thing called "hyperemesis gravidarum". It's when the morning sickness is so bad that you are vomiting regularly, getting dehydrated, and it is interfering with your daily activity. http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/first-trimester-of-pregnancy

http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/managing-morning-sickness

preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Rather than throw everything up, eat baked potatoes and Frostys for awhile. Try to put something in the potato (like a little cheese or something that will give you some protein.) I think it's more important to keep down what you eat than to throw everything up trying to eat what won't stay down anyway. Try to get enough water so you won't dehydrate.

When I was early on in my pregnancy with my 2nd dd the only thing that didn't make me nauseated was peanut butter on white bread and water. Rather than being nauseous constantly I just ate peanut butter and bread for about 2 1/2 or 3 weeks. I only threw up once while brushing my teeth, but the nasuea was terrible...like being on the verge of vomiting all day long. The smell of food did that as well, not just the taste. After about 2 weeks I was able to handle bananas and applesauce.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 3:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Call your doctor. You might need to be on some form of medication. Some will tell you that is dangerous but anything a doctor prescribes will be in such a smal amount that it pretty much just takes off the edge of the sickness so you can eat and rest.
    Anonymous