Have anyother breastfeeding moms had to take pain medication? I have on and off and would like to know other mom stories.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was put on pain meds for my c-section pain and I nursed. We didn't have any problems.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 3:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I took vicodin for an epidural injury and had no problems. I still take it here & there. I always take less than what they tell me to take b/c I hate the way it makes me feel. I had surgery last month & was on pain meds in recovery also.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• percocet, nursed just fine. albeit i was loopy.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I took pain meds for my c-section. we were both fine but I only took them for 4 days cause I don't like taking meds, and I did not want my baby to get any of that...even if they say its okay
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 3:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Yes. Most are safe if taken AS DIRECTED. Do you have a concern about a specific med?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2010