I love you... or a slip?

I started dating a man in February... the other night we were in bed (not in the act.. yet), and he said "you are wonderful, I love you... uh, oops" I played it off and said "caught in the moment are we?" and just kissed, etc.... Didn't bring it back up... So do you ladies think this is a "in the moment" thing and shouldn't be taken seriously or.... should I revisit this with him? Or wait to see if he brings it back up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• It could be the moment, but the moment brings out those feelings and if they are not there they do not surface. I would wait and see what happens....

Answer by older at 3:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• he said "uh oops" at the end?
    I don't think it's genuine. He's playing games. Men that mean it and it means something to them don't say "uh oops"...he sounds like a little kid.
    It was for attention. He may feel like he has to do stuff like that to keep your attention. Men know that gets to women. He sounds like the kind of man who would play games with you.
    Anonymous

• If he said "uh oops" after saying something so important I would have a had time taken him seriously for anything he said.
    Anonymous

• I'd wait to see if he fixes his "oops"

Answer by admckenzie at 4:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• You should have said it back to him. He probably felt stupid & put the "oops" in there to cover the fact that he just opened his heart to you. For a guy, saying "I love you" for the first time is very difficult. I bet he was sad that you didn't say it back. He may not say it for a LONG time now.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• i agree with samuri chica. guys like to cover up their feelings even if they really do mean them. if you had a surprised look on your face it may have scared him. but i would give it some time and maybe bring it up in a few weeks. and if you feel that way for him then maybe you should tell him.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2010