I don't know what's going on..........

I had a pap done when I was 6 wks from bleeding the previous day. I lost my mail key and I missed my appointment for when I was 8 wks along. At 7 wks I had my first sono for my second pregnancy the baby was fine, healthy, everything was great. Well I got my mail key replaced and got my mail and they said that I needed to contact a nurse asap concerning my recent lab report. Then at the bottom it says repeat pap smear in 4-6 wks. Anyone know what this might mean?? I called to speak to the nurse 3 times they said they would have a nurse call me as soon as they got the chance took my name and number and no one called. My sister in law said it may be a yeast infection I have no symptoms of a yeast infection so any ideas would be much appreciated...........oh and I'm nine wks along right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• the pap probably came back abnormal.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 3:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I agree - probably an abnormal pap result.

Answer by missanc at 4:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• don't sweat it, I had abnormal paps with my first two and sometimes the cells just do that. After the baby everything straightens out. With my 2nd I had to have 2 colposcopies (they just take a closer look at the cervix to check for abnormalities) then when he was born they did a biopsy and still everything went fine. This pregnancy my pap was normal.
    Good luck, and don't get stressed :)
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• i have to get a repeat pap from my 6 week post partum visit just because the sample didn't have enough cells to be declared normal. it happened because I had started my period the day before and was bleeding, the blood makes it harder to get a good sample. could be the same thing happened to you. don't worry until you have to, I'm sure you'll be fine
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:13 AM on Apr. 25, 2010