Best electric breast pump???

Bailey Nurture Pump
Medela?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Never heard of the Bailey Nurture; Medela is pretty awesome all around. Avoid the Evenflo anything- the suction is hard to control and the motor on mine burned out way too early. Avent is supposed to be pretty good too.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I had a preemie so I had to pump ALOT so she could have my milk in the NICU. I used a Medela pump and LOVED it. I had tried another brand (can't recall the name :-() with my son so I could go out once or twice and it was horrible it was easier to hand express. But the Medela one was GREAT!
    Anonymous

• Medela double.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I had a medela - it made it through my 3 kids and my cousin's 3 kids. as far as I know its still going strong.

medela is also really easy to find replacement attachments and parts for.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I loved my Medulla. The pump did burn out after 2 babies worth of pumping a ton. But still well worth the $$.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 3:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• The Bailey pump I had was a manual cycle pump, and I would not recommend it. Medela or Ameda :)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• OP here- Some one told me the Medela electric pump was garbage and shes a Lactation Consultant and runs her own Baby store. How much is a basic Medela electric pump?
    Anonymous

• Hmmmm... if she's selling pumps maybe she doesn't carry Medulla. I can't imagine why anyone would say they're garbage. If you're only going to pump every once in a while you can get a manual pump for about $15-20. If you're going to pump regularly, I'd go with the pump n style duel action one. It's around $250, but if you're pumping alot you'll save much more than that on what you would have to spend on formula.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 5:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• i dont want to spend 250 on a pump. And its medela not Medulla. i dont know why people keep typing that lol. they have a swing single pump for $149.
    Anonymous

• It really depends on what you are going to be using the pump for. Will it be used to pump out milk for occasional outings away form your baby? Will you be going back to work full time when the baby is only 2 months old? If you will be pumping every day (like going back to work full time) then you definitely want to spend $250 on a high quality double electric pump. If you will only be pumping once or twice a week then something like the single swing pump would be fine.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2010