Four years old and 1 years old

I have four years old son and 1 years old daughters having really hard time ,my son doesn't like his sisters touch anything not even him his toy if they touch he thrown whatever he has it at time ,i tell him nicely and sometime strickly and give timeout but nothing seem to work out ,he go school teacher likes always he is very nice kid and i know he is nice but somehow he doesn't like his sister atall, i don't how i make him to understand,they all have mild hearing loss and he talks but not like four years should , we having speech theorpy for him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• (Do you talk like you type? Sorry not trying to be mean. Kids talk like their parents. My step sister talks REALLY fast so her daughters talk REALLY fast.) Maybe he is just acting out. Has anything changed in the house old? My 4 year old daughter is very emotional. Drives me crazy sometimes. Consistency is going to be the key. I don't know much about autism but have that checked.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• My son is now 19 and he has a hearing loss too. So, I know what that's like. But he is my only child, so I haven't had to deal with siblings as a mom. I DO remember hating my little brother though, he was born when I was 4 1/2. In those days my grandma believed little kids should not be around babies, because we could hurt them, lol...so I wasn't even allowed to SEE him.
    I'm just saying, that it is VERY NORMAL for your ds to feel that way. His sister is invading his life, taking up his parents' time. She gets New stuff, she gets oohhed and aaahed over...
    Try as much as you can to do special stuff just with him. When she is napping, play with him. See if you can keep them a little more separated. If he doesn't have his own room, teach him to put his stuff away in places she can't get to. (Maybe a bin or toybox she can't open yet.)
    Then start teaching him to share, maybe using her stuff first. Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 25, 2010