36 weeks pregnant with sharp vaginal wall pains???

This is my second child and she has already dropped weeks ago. I have experience the normal pressure and pain on my pelvic bone from this. My last appointment was Thursday and my OB said my cervix was very soft. I have been having some contractions off and on for the past two weeks. Today, I have had four very sharp pains inside my vaginal walls. The pains last for no more than four or five seconds. Is this the norm or should I call my OB. I just hate calling my OB if there really isn't a reason to worry....

RobinE8

Asked by RobinE8 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Im 34wks and have the same pain. Feels like baby is stabing the inside with a sharp knife or something, like a splinter feeling? I asked my doctor but she never gives me answers anyways. Iv been googleing it and i cant seem to come up with anything either... :( Just another anoying pregnancy pain i guess
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 6:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• You sound EXACTLY like me. I'm 36 weeks with my second. I just was complaining to my husband last night about stabbing pains in my vagina. My baby dropped about two weeks and since then I have SO much pain and pressure on my pelvic bone, it's almost unbearable. I did not have any problems like this with my first and feel like a big baby! I guess what we are going through is normal. I had an appt on Friday and told my OB all that I told you, she said it was very normal and not to worry unless I start to have multiple contractions. I was surprised that she did not even check me to see if I was dilated, but honestly it would not matter, the baby will come when he's ready and I don't want to be induced...so not know is prob better, because if I was dilated I would probably be worried and thinking about it constantly.

Best of luck to you, it will be very soon and we will be able to meet our little babies and it 's all worth it
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 7:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Ahhh... So glad to know I'm not the only one!!
    RobinE8

Answer by RobinE8 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I have the same problem and I am 36 weeks too. I usually just lay back and kick my feet up until the pain passes. I think it's part of our bodies getting ready for labor. I didn't experience it with my first child either but then again that was 5 years ago. It's true what they say every pregnancy is different so don't rely on what you went through with the first. I hope the pain subsides and just think almost there!!good luck and take care!
    skylarsmommy24

Answer by skylarsmommy24 at 1:39 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• it sounds like the same pain I had after my daughter dropped. it's just from baby's head putting pressure on your pelvic bones, cervix and blood vessels.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:10 AM on Apr. 25, 2010