What causes a still birth? I don't understand.

Miscarriages I can understand.SOmething must have been wrong with the baby and the body self aborts.Sad but understandable. What can happen to a baby to be healthy the entire pregnancy yet to be born still?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my daughter was a still born she had something wrong with her cord and was not getting the right blood flow and the doctor never seen it but alot of things can cause it it is scary to think about and i dont think any one knows how to prevent it
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• stress during labor. you would think that heart attacks can only happen in middle aged to older people with a history of a high fatty diet, but anyone can have a heart attack if the stress is there. Sometimes cords get tied up in themself or a cord can wrap around a baby's neck..
    Anonymous

• the cord around the babies neck is not usually a cause of still birth. And is actually pretty common.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:18 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I went to school with a girl who's baby very sadly was still born. A blot clot was later determined as the cause of his death.
    Anonymous

• blood*
    Anonymous

• My brother and his wife had a still born daughter, there was something wrong with the placenta. She wasnt getting enough blood flow throughout her pregnancy. Even if she did live she would have been mentally and physically handicapped. It was the saddest thing we have ever been through.
    Anonymous

• My mom had a still born before I came into this world, and he died in utero because his umbilical cord came detached from him. The outcome is obvious. However, it's very rare, and referred to as a "cord accident".
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:23 AM on Apr. 25, 2010