Okay... Way to much info here, but i just gotta know...

Ok i was put in the hospital for dyhydration and given 6 things of fluid through IV... Well now i have horrible gas and it smells like that fluid!! how long does this last?! And my poo is also like, umm, soft clay like maybe? Is this all normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• SIX BAGS?!?! WOMAN...haven't you been drinking anything? LOL
    With them haven given you that much fluid through an i..v., yes I would guess that that would be absolutley normal. Your body has to sort through it and rid of it all somehow! But just to be sure, ask your doctor if that is a normal side effect or if you should be concerned.
    Now, go get yourself something to drink, LOL.
    Good Luck..hope all is okay now! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• lol probably. but how do you know what the hydrating liquid smells like?
    Anonymous

• Haha sorry, it was six bags over 2 days cause of the insulin i was also on.
    Anonymous

• I have worked in hospitals and nursing homes for several years and I have to say I have never noticed a smell in the bags to hydrate you...those are generally just filled with saline.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Ohhh..okay...maybe the smell is something caused by the insulin? If youre a diabetic, there can be a smell from the output of the patient from the meds they are on. Maybe thats whats causing it?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Op. I guess it could be the insulin maybe? I have never had any insulin before that but i guess cause they were giving me sugar water cause i couldnt eat i had to have it. But seriously... Lol... How long will this last?! Luckly im on bedrest so no one else has to deal with this but every contraction i have causes this, um, issue. Haha. No matter what i eat or drink it always smells the same! Its nasty i know, im sorry.
    Anonymous