If you found out the sex of your last baby, would you consider not finding out this time?

I'm not pregnant, but was thinking about it, and I think that the surprise of the dr. saying "its a ____" would make the pregnancy *possibly* more special. Do you think that you would be willing to know the sex if you were to get pregnant again? Or would you want to know before its born?

chipper87

Asked by chipper87 at 5:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My brother and SIL decided this round they are not going to find out. I told her I couldn't. I enjoy the planning, of course I'd be screwed on the off chance the Sono was wrong lol. But I am WAY to impatient to not know. DH is as well. So all three we have known and IF we ever do number 4, we'll probably find it out too. lol
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 5:18 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I wanted to know, both times.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I would LIKE to wait and find out, but I think the suspense would get to me. I would want to know what kind of things I'd need to buy, what sort of names to pick out, etc. And if I did do that, I'd probably be like, "well, I like the boy name better" and if turn out to be a girl. I wouldn't want to think it was a boy the whole time then find out it was a girl. But I would really like to just wait and have the doctor be like "It's a ___!"
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I have not given birth, but when i do finally have one i hope that i will not find out until the birth. In fact, i'm considering not having any ultrasounds done at all.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• we found out last time but we are not finding out this time. id like that "it's a _____!" surprise at delivery.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• We found out because everybody wanted to keep on buying girly stuff saying I was having a girl each time. I'm glad I did otherwise we would be returning things.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 5:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I found out the gender of my son @ 17w. I thought I was going to go crazy waiting until then!
    My next pregnancy will be as a surrogate & I dont think I want know the gender of the baby- I dont want to dwell on the baby or the pregnancy.
    However when I do go to add another baby to OUR family I will more than likely find out the gender. It wouldnt matter if we had another boy- but if it was a girl wed have some planning to do & Im too OCD to do it after the birth!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 5:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• My first pregnancy we found out. I am now 22 weeks along, we've had the ultrasound, and still don't know what it is. We decided we wanted to wait and find our and the suspense is KILLING me! haha. Especially during the U/S. It does make things more exciting!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I'd have to know ot pepare myself. I would probably cry for a few days if it wasn't a girl because if there even is a #3, it was be our last.
    Anonymous

• I think the same thing all the time. I have a 3 yr. old son and my daughter is 15 months! I found out the sex with both of them. I think if their is a # 3 i wouldnt want to know! It would just make it that much more exciting!!
    Stephanie0709

Answer by Stephanie0709 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 24, 2010