ok..is it just me or do you find it odd when pregnant people ask????

Ok so I find it really odd that when someone is having hard contractions or their water broke, they come on here for answers? umm your going to get the same answer from everyone...GO TO THE HOSPITAL. Im sorry to be harsh, but wth?? are you serious. we cant help you, go to your doctor. So would you really take the advice from us? what if someone said stay home, your fine. umm ok, so would you. I understand first time moms are scrared but that is just odd. JMO.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Right? I wouldnt wait around for someone to give me an answer. I'm a big girl, i'll find out on my own lol
    Anonymous

• I don't know... I think a lot of moms panic and go running off to the hosptial when they probably should have stayed home longer and got some real rest. I think having someone else say - slow down, breathe, the baby isn't coming this minute, you have time - can be calming. We tend to forget everything we have learned when that big moment occurs that you realize that you are in fact in REAL labor. =)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• if I was going through something that seemed emergent enough to scare me into wanting someone's advice, I would admit myself and ask my doctor!! lol. I understand needing someone's advice, and I've asked stuff on here dealing with how my body's feeling, but it wasn't, "HEY should I go to the hospital now?" good luck mamas!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• But yet...I see it on here, every other question. what gives? hello lol
    Anonymous

• I have to admit, when I went into labor with my twins, I had no idea I was in labor. It was two months early, and I wasn't really having contractions. Hell, I wasn't even 100% sure my water had broken! I was so completely confused. I wasn't on cafemom then, well there was no cafemom then, but I ran to get my "what to expect when your expecting" book to see if I was in labor. Even my doctor didn't think I was in labor! Needless to say, by the time I got to the hospital I was 8 cm dilated-so yeah, I can kinda understand how a first time mom could come on here and ask if she was in labor or not.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• haha...I think that all the time. Go to the hospital, can we say addicted to the computer or better yet this site? sorry jmo
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 6:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I was in labor all day and I didn't realize it because my water hadn't broken. When I got to the hospital, I was 6cm and got yelled at for not coming earlier.
    Anonymous

• I agree. The first thing I did when I thought I was in labor was CALL MY OB.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• i had a baby at 32 weeks, and honestly, because it was so early, labor was not on my radar at all. i wasn't sure at all if i was having contractions or not. i checked the internet before i called my midwives. most people say, you will know when you are in labor...but if it weren't for obvious things like water breaking, mucus plug coming out, i wouldn't know if i were really in labor, or if i should call. even still with this pregnancy (my 5th child), everything feels so different, things that i am feeling now, my ob believes may be contractions...but they feel nothing like contractions i have had before!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I understand that the abundance of "what should I do" questions can be annoying, HOWEVER...for a first time mom labor, contractions, water breaking, etc.. can all be VERY scary. I know I called my OB ALL the time with my first born. Every pain and ache. It got to the point where I didnt wanna call anymore out of fear of becoming the "problem" patient.
    Some of them (not all, but some) come here because they know that there are alot of experienced moms on here and yes its re-assuring when they are all saying the same thing... GO TO THE HOSPITAL.
    If you were completely confident and knew it all with your first born than thats great. But not all women are that way. They get SCARED. CONFUSED and just need a friendly voice to say, "Pack it up and head to the hospital mom. Its time to meet the baby."
    But for non-first time moms... yes it is annoying
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 2:04 AM on Apr. 25, 2010