Is anyone else scared of 2012..for their kids sake?

I have been thinking a lot about it. I know that everyone is like omg 2012, and I was thinking omg get a life and stop talking about it, but I have been really thinking hard lately, because so many things are adding up. I am so scared for my kids more than myself of course. Anyone else scared, and if so what do you plan to do to prepare your kids if this were to happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• No. But then I wasn't packing survial stuff to prepare for the Y2K either. I think it is total BS. But I would guess that a lot of people will freak out the closer it gets just like they did at the end of 1999! LOL...
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 5:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Nope, not anymore worried about 2012 than any other year.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 5:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• "and if so what do you plan to do to prepare your kids if this were to happen?"

I forgot to answer this... I plan on doing nothing to prepare them. If 2012 will be "the end" as many people are saying it is, then there really isn't anything to prepare for is there? Instead I am preparing my kids to live long and happy lives. That way if 2012 comes and goes (which I think it will) then they will be ready to face the rest of their lives as usual :)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 5:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• If the Mayans were so brilliant they would have known how to defend themselves better against the conquistadors. =P

karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• No, I'm not scared & nothing is adding up. People just like to make it seem as if it is, just like in 1999.

If you do some research, the mayans did not believe the world would end on that date. All this thought came from folks who enjoy good consipracy.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• i had a dream about the end of the world the other night. it was so scary! it hasnt really got to me until that. it was one of those dreams you wake up shaking and kinda teary eyed and when you go back to sleep you go right back to it! i told dh that every time we go to the store we are going to buy like 5-10 dollars of canned food and keep it in the closet in boxes.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• "If the Mayans were so brilliant they would have known how to defend themselves better against the conquistadors. =P"

The mayans were not killed by the conquistadors, they started to decline way before they even arrived. There is a big mystery as to what happend to the massive mayan civilization. They just faded away.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Well I dont believe that something is going to happen on the exact date, of course not come on. But I do believe something is going to happen withing the next couple of years. I guess your right, your cant prepare for it. I do however think this is way different than 1999, because that was more power going out, computers shutting down, etc. This is however real, because the sun is going to align with the earth, and that cant be good. The earth is shifting slowly, so that is why I am scared. If the planets, stars, sun, etc are shifting, aligning or anything like that, this is def a concern for me I dont know about you. I dont knwo like I said before, i just laughed about it before, but things are def happening all around us to basically show, something is going to happen. I dont know when, and dont know how, but something.
    Anonymous

____________________________________________________________________________

I was making a joke. Geesh... no sense of humor. :P My husband is actually mestizo - adopted from honduras. Well aware of the actual history of the mayans.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 6:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• No...I'm just afraid for them in general. I almost wish I never decided to have them because this world is just falling apart. America is going to shit, and now my kids have to live here.
    Anonymous