Firing Squad:Cruel & Unusual?

lol, WHO CARES?? These people are on DEATH ROW. They are going to die no matter WHAT. They have VOLUNTARILY opted to be placed in front of the firing squad, knowing FULL WELL that they may bleed out instead of a quick death. I think the fact that anyone is debating this is ludacris! Who bloody cares?! Cruel & Unusual is the state taking TAX DOLLARS to house these people while they wait years to be put to death. Unfair is tax $ paying for someone who doesn't deserve to be ANY part of society to be housed for the rest of their natural life! And it's not like they don't get any priveledges! I hate this country's systems sometimes....grrr!!!

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• If an inmate is given a choice and freely chooses a firing squad, then give the person his last wish.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I agree he chose it so there is no debate
    mbaker331

Answer by mbaker331 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• His life, his death, his choice.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Treason is still punishable by being killed by a firing squad.
    I personally think this is the way it should be. Not like they deserve it but they die with what lil dignity they have left. I wouldnt want to be killed by a damn needle like a put down dog.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 6:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Anybody know how much those drugs they pump into them cost? I bet it's more then a $.38 bullet!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 7:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I don't think he SHOULD HAVE A CHOICE! The fact that he WANTS that would make me want something different...

I dont really care what HE wants...What about the officers that will have to kill him?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:26 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• ^^^What about the doctor who would have to kill him, or the man who flips the electrical switch?

He's going to die. He will get to request what is served in his last meal too. Should he be denied that too?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• He's going to die. He will get to request what is served in his last meal too. Should he be denied that too? Yes

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

I think the needle and doc situation isn't as traumatic as docs deal with life and death on tyhe regular. Many officers that have to be the one to "throw the switch" or even work on death row have had problems with depression suicide and other outbursts. That's why in some places they had three switches and three officers would flick the switch so none would know which one actually delivered the final SHOT

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I just wonder what kind of person stands there and shoots people even if they are quilty of say, killing someone. Especially if htey had to do it time and again. I couldn't handle it. I can see a father mad enough to kill someone who raped and murdered his child but I think it would get to any normal person who had no real connection. Don't you think it would affect them in their daily lives.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2010