Juice Cup Dissaster...

My Daughter Has Been Drinking From A Juice Cup For Quite Some Time Now, But She Has A New Way of Making A Mess With It.
Instead Of Drinking From Her Juice Cup Like Normal She Now Takes A Big Mouth Full Of Juice And Opens Her Mouth Up While The Juice Runs Out Of Her Mouth And Onto The Floor, And All Over Her. I Don't Know What To Do, I Mean She Needs To Drink Juice, Or Something To Keep Her Hydrated, But How Can I Give Her A Drink Without Her Making A Huge Mess? Can Anyone Help Me Out Here? :) thx

britneyangel11

Asked by britneyangel11 at 6:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would tell her just water from now on, until she starts drinking like a big girl! Or you could use a straw style sippy cup, to get her to take more manageable "gulps!" :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• My son did that for a while. didn't matter what type of cup I used.. I just took the drink away. Switch from juice to water (to reduce the mess). Tell her no more juice/water until she can drink it like a big girl. She won't get dehydrated that quickly since kids get a lot of fluids from foods. She'll get thirsty at some point and will start to get the idea. Other option is to give her no more than a sip or two at a time. Doesn't solve the problem but limits the mess. I'd also limit how much you react when she does it. A calm, "Big girls don't drink like that. You're all done." and move on. Just keep reminding yourself it's yet another phase she's going through and she'll out grow it.. :)
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• My little guy does this from time to time and when he does I take it away and tell him "when you can drink like a big boy let me know!". He always pouts but the next time he won't do it. IT's the worst in the car when he doesn't have my undivided attention. His newest thing is to actually spit! I don't mind if we are outside but when we are inside or he spits on a play date it's a BIG PROBLEM! the first time gets a time out. the second gets his mouth smacked. It breaks my heart to smack him but it seems to be the only way to get through his thick skull! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Apr. 25, 2010