working out is for lossing weight only??

okay im feeling pretty dumb right now. I want to know if working out is only for lossing weight and or building muscle? why i ask? because after YEARS of trying to gain weight im finally the weight i wanted to be, now i just want to make sure i stay health, i would like to work out but not for muscle or to losse weight just to stay health and fit. i hope you guys know what i mean =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Workouts are also for heart and lung health, for muscle strength, for strong bones, strong joints. There is also increased blood flow to the brain. It is good for the skin and for the digestive tract.

Answer by Bmat at 7:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I work out. (or i try to anyways) but not to gain or lose weight. but only to try to remain healthy. I figure i better make it a habit now before i get old.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Working out is all around healthy for you. It doesn't have to be to lose or gain wight but can be for overall wellness.
    Anonymous

• I do weight lifting and walk briskly on an incline 5 days a week, then on the weekend, I walk long distances 10 to 12 miles. It is mainly to fel fit and keep my weight balanced.

Answer by older at 7:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Once you have achieved your weight loss or strength training goals, then working out is for MAINTAINING your physical fitness. In the maintenance phase you don;t need to work AS hard as when you are working towards your goals. The maintenance phase is USUALLY more fun--taking fun classes, social walking, general sports/activities, etc. Think of it as your "reward" for reaching your goals! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• bmat hit the nail on the head!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• No, not at all .. workouts are for overall health. Bmat has a great answer, right on the money!

If you are looking for a workout program or dvd I can help you find one that is right for you. I'm a Beachbody Coach and I help folks get healthy and find programs that work for them!

www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs
    TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 12:56 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• no it's to maintain good health

Answer by admckenzie at 11:33 AM on Apr. 25, 2010