were you a little nervous with gettin into a new realtionship after a divorce?

i met this amazing guy, and known each other for awhile..and he treats me and my kids so great...so giving and loving...something that im not used to. i been divorced going on 2 years and was married for 6 and he was an @hole..treated me and our kids like hell. i dont know why but im nervous about the new relationship...im thinkin its cold feet kinda thing...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I was terrified, one because i thought it was a set up, and two because I was afraid the same stuff would happen again.....but thankfully i got over it and i found the love of my life!
    GothicMama

Answer by GothicMama at 10:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Well since you have been divorced and now have children, it's a whole new ball game so I do think you need to take it very slowly, not even introducing your children right away.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 7:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Just go slow and see what happens.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I have a wonderful boyfriend. We met about 6 yrs after I ended my 3 yr marriage. And yes, absolutely, I was nervous. I had a couple of other, less serious relationships during that 6 yr period, and those made me nervous as well. Those guys, however, did not meet my kids. When I met my boyfriend, I knew right away he was someone special and that I wanted to be with him, long term. My rule was 6 months before a guy could meet my kids, but with my boyfriend, by 3 weeks in he was meeting them. I was very nervous. It's normal. Just take things slowly, don't rush (I know, seems like I did, but for us, it worked). It's perfectly normal to feel nervous, especially when the last guy was a total douche. If new guy doesn't know about your past, tell him. That will help, since he will then know your fears and be able to help ease them. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• op here

this guy knows about my past, the main reason for my divorce and him leaving his gf was cause my husband had an affair with his gf...we been friends for sometime now
    Anonymous