baby food?/cereal..ASAP

so my daughter doesnt like the baby cereal with formula, so she seems to like fruity meds( so i am going to try to fruits tonite) do i mix cereal in it also? how much and does it get warmd up? never done this im a new mom dnt be mean.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the cereal can be mixed with the fruit but if she is a beginner the fruit may be too thick try fruit juice and it can be warmed or room temp just depends on how your baby will eat it
    ISLUVZOLIVIA

Answer by ISLUVZOLIVIA at 7:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• okay listen cause im pretty sure some moms are gonna be telling not to do this. BUT i have done it and i had no problems with my son chocking, JUST MAKE SURE YOUR REALLY CAREFULL, DONT PUT TO MUCH, when i did i'll but the cereal up to the number one, then the rest of formula (milk). I started doing this with my son when he was around 4-5 months. and if you warm up your child milk then its okay to warm it up with the cereal. GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

• Have you tried spoon feeding rather than putting it in the bottle? Both my children were spoon fed, and then I just gave them slightly less formula than I normally would in the bottle.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• we allready due the cereal in a bottle, she doesnt drink it with the cereal, compared to when its not in there, she will scream just bc its in there, and ill even just put a drop in like a tinnny but and she no'w ha
    Anonymous

• well if she doesnt like it at all then dont give it to her, the reason for butting cereal in the bottle is to keep them full. and for them to have a better night sleep full. when you try the fruity one and she doesnt like it, i think you shoulod just give up and wait until she older and you could try to spoon feed her!
    Anonymous

• wait you said try to spoon feed.. that is what i was talking about putting it in a spoon, u dnt put it in abottle the baby food
    Anonymous

• oh if your feeding her baby food with a spoon then you dont need cereal! she'll be fine without it!
    Anonymous

• make your cereal like normal, then add in some of the fruit from the jar. Then just feed her like normal. The cereal tastes like cardboard, so changing the flavor should help.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• yes you can. I always added a bit of applesauce or pears to my baby's cereal. If baby is a beginner the try making the cereal with apple juice instead of formula or water.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• My daughter wouldn't eat cereal anyways no matter what I did to it. I tried it one day and didn't blame her then never offered it again lol. You can mix fruit in it.
    Have you tried oatmeal? My daughter loves her oatmeal & fruit in the morning.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 8:39 AM on Apr. 25, 2010